Author Topic: November Get out and vote for your gun rights Cawfee an fixins  (Read 39904 times)

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Re: November Get out and vote for your gun rights Cawfee an fixins
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
Afternoon all.

breakfast here was just plain oatmeal, shared with chickens. ???

The white stuff came down to 3000 feet last night.  Slushed up the highways pretty good.  Valley just got cold rain. :-\

Right now I'm waiting for a batch of cranberry jam to cook up, then going to can it for another rainy day.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2016, 03:04:41 PM »
"tis 34 here with light rain. My associate is on his way to Tennessee for Thanksgiving,so, I've got the keys to the kingdom for the whole weekend ::) :P
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
Had to e designated driver, Rita was on drugs, had colonoscopy today, went out to supper and the store, hate her SUV thing, no one has respect, they respect a full size  beat up pickup, or else they just fear it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #103 on: Today at 05:29:47 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2016, 05:58:37 AM »
Back to W***today. :(

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2016, 06:38:26 AM »
Smoked a Turkey, made green bean casserole , "She" did the Mash "real' taters ( not box flake stuff ) and stuffing ( which in fact I didn't stuff the bird with , used two  "cuties "  [small orange] instead ) and a spiral ham was procured.
Clone did the pumpkin pie from scratch .....all in all a fine Thanksgiving ...hoping you all had the same fine day... :)

The funny part was , weeks ago we had decided NOT to do a big deal meal, figured to go out ..several ideas were bantered about ...

I wanted Texas de Brazil...  "SHE" nixed that one  ::)  Clone said "Kobe' " Stake House ( I would have said "cool" but I was not include in that discussion , never been to Kobe' )  but they ruled it out...

Suggested Red Lobster , but , Hmmm  both said " not !  thanks giving enough  :-\ 

So, "SHE" decided  :-X  ( that happens )    :P  read the first paragraph again  ;)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2016, 07:07:50 AM »
Cured ham, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, cressent rolls, corn bread dressing (stuffing), pumpkin and pecan pies.  Since we didn't have turkey, I didn't have to do any cooking. 

Today is my 5th wedding anniversary with my favorite wife....black Friday...and the wedding was originally on a black Friday.  We've exchanged gifts already, and I'm not sure what we will do today, but it will be something together.  May head to Tandy Leather and get a leather splitter.  They are having a big sell (surprise?? ::), and it is about half the price I'm use to seeing.  Maybe even go to the range.  I have a couple of guns that I've done some work on and need to do a shake down on.. '51 Navy to that eating caps, and a Spencer carbine that I've reduced the trigger pull on..hopefully, I've fixed the problems.    No matter what, it is a great day...I'm a lucky man!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2016, 11:00:54 AM »
Morning y'all.
We are at my uncle's house in Marshfield, WI. Got here at 19:02 yesterday.
I woke at 05:00 ish. I decided to go to Menard's since I was awake. I got there 06:10 ish. Parking lot was full. I got a tie out cable for the dog, so he didn't have to be in his kennel so much this weekend, and an expansion tank for the house's hydronic heat system. Both items were not door busters.  ::)

'Tis 33 and cloudy. "Cloudy. A chance of light snow and drizzle in the morning...Then a chance of drizzle in the afternoon. Nearly steady temperature in the mid 30s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2016, 11:24:35 AM »
Had turkey and the fixings yesterday, and I didn't have to cook! Neighbor's had us over, I did bake a cake to take over. a yeller one with chocolate icing, been a long while since I had yeller cake ;)

Did the rounds this morning and got break, didn't have to waste the plant( numbers too low), the numbers on the chlorinator were up( good), plus the furniture from the club house was in the way( wedding reception  tomorrow) so I can't clean the chlorinator anyway. Wasn't going to risk getting any of the acids or chlorine on the furniture( bad outcome). Just repositioned the bucket covering the water line from the torn down home( we insulated it a week or so ago, but the bucket covering the job wouldn't balance on it's own). Three small bricks fixed the problem ::)

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2016, 11:50:05 AM »
Happy Day after... Hope none of ya foundered too badly. Had ate a little too much myself. But wanted to taste what everyone put efforts into. 

Now back to the farm last night on a full belly. The 2 hour drive seemed like 10.  The dogs thought i abandon them, and the chickens all went back on the roost with out my assistance. I gathered eggs this morning and did a head count.  (Yeah got chickens and some pullets both but at least it ain't them stinking woolies >spit!<  Raina  and Arwyn did their morning perimeter check and reported nothing. Now back to work this afternoon.

It is still in a drought conditions here no measurable rain in over 60 days.  I was surprized Black Powder hunting was permitted this year, or at least post poned for a short period.  Our first freeze came earlier this past week but since has warmed up.
Hay will be in short supply by January. Glad i am not feeding a horse or cattle any longer.

Mathew 5.9

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2016, 11:53:15 AM »
12-8 yesterday, middle 6 hours by myself, ate braunsweiger samwhich for supper, niece and nephew worked also, we're doing Sunday, and I made it so others didn't have to work.  Even chased the boss out early.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2016, 01:02:14 PM »
Morning all.  Went to do my pushups this morning and decided Nope.  Still too much food in the stomach in a state of semi liquefaction for complex movements. ::)

Spent most of yesterday and the day before doing food related things.  Ended up with a bowl of candied yams, green bean casserole, turkey gravy and 14 pounds of turkey.  Then, right before we were going to sit down, someone asked where the mashed potatoes were. :o  Instant potatoes aren't the best, but we ate them anyway.

For desert, we had a layered chocolate pudding thing, an apple pie and pumpkin pie. 

In other news, when I went to go let the birds out, I found that the older birds had been picking on the new chick.  SO she's inside now with a nasty head wound.  The bleeding is stopped, and we have it soaked with disinfectant, but she is temporarily an inside dweller.   
The wound is in such a place that we think it was the turkey that did it.  Stupid turkey has been getting all the hens in that place, but they've been able to get away.  That bird will be gone on the first sunny day we get.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2016, 10:34:00 AM »
Coffee on the brew.

Chicken is still inside, but the wound is starting to seal up.

Hopefully going to go thump a jackrabbit or two later today above s**w level.

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2016, 01:17:11 PM »
Cloudy and upper 40's here, don't think it's gonna make it to the forecasted 50 today.

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2016, 05:25:16 PM »
Sun actually showed up today, didn't help the air temp,though ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2016, 07:08:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Got home 'bout 18:30 last night.

'Tis 39 and misting. "Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the morning...Then rain showers likely and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 40s. Southeast wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2016, 01:19:54 PM »
Afternoon, ladies and germs. ::)

The fluffy white stuff came down all the way to town Saturday night.  Nothing was able to stick, but about 50 feet above us got about 2 inches.  The mountains were pure white, but I didn't manage to get a picture because all of the cameras in the house were dead.  Oh well.

Plan for today: not let the dog destroy everything, possibly followed by butchering a turkey.

--TK

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2016, 05:36:05 PM »
Rained off and on.

Having ground venison, elbow mac, and pasta sauce for supper.

Slim

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2016, 06:34:15 PM »
Deer season started today. Did hear some guns going off close to the sewer plant this morning. ::)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: November 29, 2016, 12:15:21 PM »
2-10 today, off the next two days, maybe. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: November 29, 2016, 04:02:11 PM »
Got close to 60 here today. Ended up putting magnetic catches on the cupboards in the "sow's ear". Couldn't really see the need as the cupboards had spring loaded hinges. However, our's is not to reason why, just do it ::) :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com