Author Topic: Pro-Gun PR  (Read 2434 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pro-Gun PR
« on: October 23, 2016, 10:16:23 AM »
For the second time this year, our club put on a "corporate day at the range". On the first occasion we had 50+ participants. Yesterday we had ten - from a medical clinic! It was done at the request of one of the Dr.s who wants to get into shooting.

For an all inclusive fee, participnts were provided guns, ammo and one on one instruction. They shot .22 rifles and handguns on steel and or paper targets. All action types were represented, including the AR15 with .22LR conversion unit installed. Trap shooting was also offered.

The event inlcuded demos of CAS and IDPA. Guests were invited to shoot a CAS 44-40 with BP loads and a 9mm SR9. Oddly, the ladies preferred the BP 44-40.

This is the sort of pro-gun PR clubs need to engage in in order to win hearts & minds.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Pro-Gun PR
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 12:54:22 PM »
Each year we hold...." Ladies day" it sells out.... ... they may choose any or all disciplines to try out  9AM to 5PM.

Plinking to long range , Trap,  Muzzleloaders ... IDPA, IPSC, Tac3, CMP. Archery

We at SASS/NCOWS discipline had 129 ladies try the old west guns...one group several times....The rains settled in & with lightening in the area we had to shut down @ about 2:45 PM having hosted 300 ladies in all , this passed April.

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 05:58:31 PM »
In my experience, M2, the girls and ladies, in the majority, seem to like shooting the bigger calibers and heavier loads.  When I took my girls out for the first time, they were then 9 - two of them, and two college frosh aged, probably 19 or so.  They all worked their way from the .22 single shots up through the various action types and calibers to .44-40 lever gun, and .45-70 High Wall, and 12 ga.  It was all quite regulated, with three of us "men" giving close supervision, and the two younger girls sort of ran out of the upper body strength and mass to handle the larger rifles and shotguns, but they did give them the old college try.  When I figured they had done enough "required" practice, I asked them if there was anything they wanted to try.  They all answered that they wanted to shoot the Python with .357 Mag loads - I had only demonstrated those for them in passing before going on with .38 Spec.  So we set about it; I have several different loads for the Python, from relatively mild 1050 fps WC to some real cracker 1565 fps ball.  The two little girls liked the light loads, thought they were fun, but decided they were a bit much. The two older young ladies were quite nervous about shooting a "357 MAGNUM", so I had the first one load up some of the lighter load, and she was pretty excited about it, but one shot of the 1565 and she was done with it.  The other lady, who will likely be our future granddaughter-in-law, asked for the "big one" - now, she is a tiny little thing, about four foot nine or so, and probably not over 90 pounds - so I set her about it, and stood close behind her when she shot.  She let the first on off, didn't lose her grip or flinch, and maintained good control of the recoil climb, and, holding the gun pointed down range , turned to me - I had stepped to her side - and I swear, she was literally grinning from ear to ear, kind'a looked like a "Cheshire Cat" grinning.  Since then, every time we go out, she wants to shoot the Python, among others, but she is a glutton for the heavy loads.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:36:36 AM »

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »
The ladies surprise most men with their natural affinity for shooting. Men will buck you during instruction until the women out shoot them. Then you have their attention.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com