Author Topic: We don't want pumpkin spice in our coffee in October  (Read 47352 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: We don't want pumpkin spice in our coffee in October
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:23 PM »

Hey Del, here's an idea to get rich.  Get some engine oil and repackage it with a label that says "Pumpkin Spice! Gluten Free!" and sell it to blonds and hipsters.  ::)  ;)

--TK

It would give them the poops and they'd sue me. ;)

Youngest daughter has Celics, them sob's have made it difficult for her because she has to have gluten free and because of the arse-holes that do it cause it sounds cool people act like she's an idiot.  That girl would give about anything to eat some of Dad's bread again with out getting sick.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 05:54:10 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 63 and raining. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs around 60. West wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 10:43:23 AM »
It would give them the poops and they'd sue me. ;)

Youngest daughter has Celics, them sob's have made it difficult for her because she has to have gluten free and because of the arse-holes that do it cause it sounds cool people act like she's an idiot.  That girl would give about anything to eat some of Dad's bread again with out getting sick.

There is that.  :P

My best friend through the first part of Elementary school is hyper-allergic to gluten.  She eats a bread crumb and starts to have trouble breathing within a minute.   She once ate a a slice of bacon that somebody had taken off of a piece of bread and had to go to the hospital. :o

Weather for today is forecast at 85 and sunny.  We have a freeze warning for elevations above 4500 feet.  The mountains are capped with the evil white stuff already.  :D

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 09:26:10 AM »

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 11:54:06 AM »
Auntie, Auntie EM..... everybody,  including Toto and the Munchkins all OK ...

there is the , The Wicked Witch of the West , still after the Ruby Slipper of the White House  ::)

But otherwise , we weathered the Storm OK.... :)

Massive  badass  Cat. 4  spared us some , still under the tailwinds.
there is damage on the coast , some flooding ,  at lease one death I heard ( Electrocution from down power line )

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 07:52:07 PM »
Glad you're okay,M2. ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2016, 08:02:58 AM »
Glad you're okay,M2. ;)
Here, here!

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Frost on the pumpkin.
'Tis 33 and sunny. High of 52.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 08:44:37 AM »
Glad to hear y'all are okay over there Major. 

Morning all.

It's supposed to be 85 and sunny today, but it's currently 36 with low cloud cover somewhere around 4500-5000 feet. 

When I went to bed, I was sniffling a little, but now I'm sitting here on the couch with vaporub and coffee trying to avoid sneezing on my computer.  I done got a virus.  And how.  :-\

In other news, I got a pot of real (read that 'beanless'  ::)  ) chili simmering right now.  Put it on at about 7 last night, and it should be ready sometime around supper today.  That sucker smells good, let me tell you. ;D
I also finally got around to rebuilding my sourdough starter last night.  My last one was in the icebox, and my grandma thought she would do us a favor by cleaning some older food out...including my bread mother.  :'(  so I have a new one that should be usable by Sunday.
Y'all have a good day while I drink warm fluids and watch TV. ::)

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2016, 01:08:11 PM »
St. Augustine & Flagler Beach & Jacksonville got hammered.... I think the dead in Fla is up to 4...800+ in Haiti
Killer Matthew...

I had a few Spanish moss clumps down , a net full of leaves in the pool , and no standing water.  I mean, I get wetter in one of the Florida summer downpours in an hour/afternoon , than this thing did to us. Luck of the location, and last minute jog the storm did at about 11PM Thursday night that keep it 40 miles off shore passing by due east of me.  :o Whew !

Beautiful today , Dry ,  85 for a high ,  Humidity 71% , a little Breezy at about 11 - 14mph

Take care TK....

Thanks all for well wishes  :)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2016, 08:17:48 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Weather.com says it is 40. I don't believe it since there is frost on everything. High of 56.

Slim

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:31 AM »
Here in Melbourne, we lost power at about 10:30 pm Thursday night. Just got it back on about 20 min. ago.
For the most part, this seems to be the worst of what we got. Considering the power of this storm and what it could have caused, we were very lucky.
I am just now able to try to check up on how others have done.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
Evening all.

I stayed in bed for most of the day today.  I've got some fluid in my right ear that is throwing my hearing and balance down the tubes, so standing for extended periods is not super fun.  So I mostly just reposed and listened to The Highwaymen, Goerge Strait and The Hag all day.

Sourdough was pretty much ready this morning, so I whipped up about a dozen trail biscuits in a cast iron pan (I did use the electric oven, though).  Kind of bland, but better than being hungry, I suppose.  ::)

I got some pellets for an old air gun I have, so last night when I looked out the window and saw an invasive Eurasian Collared Dove eating our expensive turkey food, I did my civic duty and nailed him.   :P  I wasn't feeling great, so I just took it apart and tossed the meat in a ziploc in the icebox, but a few minutes ago, I put the breasts in some marinade in the refrigerator.  Should be good tomorrow.  I'll let your know how it turns out.

--TK

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2016, 11:45:59 PM »
Feel better TK ....  I know the dreaded " fluid in my ear " syndrome ...comes with the Sinusitis...
I don't seem to catch colds anymore, just the sinusitis can flair up.

I went to the Doc. and got Prednisone  & Amoxicillin .... fluid is abated, overall icky feeling  & Sinus headache too.
Cough Med has that trained as well.
Side effect is my arthritic knee has quit aching too.....  may not be related , cause it was on the mend before the above drugs  :-\

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2016, 12:04:19 AM »
Got the same thing, would rather have it than the coolant, that would really put me in the hospital.

Sitting in Rita's Buick thing at mile marker 414 east of Lincoln on I-80 waiting on a tow truck for step-daughters van, been here about
2 hours.  Spiders to be here in an hour or so. ::)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2016, 12:20:07 AM »
Supposed to be. :P. Here, half hour early.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2016, 05:16:51 AM »
"Got the same thing, would rather have it than the coolant, that would really put me in the hospital."

understood.... you hope it's as cold, but after weeks of the cough, hack, sneezing , post nasal drip,  recurrent sinus aches and fluid thing ... I allowed myself to *^%#@$ go  to the Doc.....  
after a while with it, I just got fed up  >:(
 Amoxicillin is a horse choking football sized pill and the Prednisone tastes like I would imagine, prehistoric animal scat !

Cough Med is OK  ::) , but the too sweet flavor gives my shivers , still the use & results have the infection on the run.....I hope !

Glad you got your tow.... that too, is a crappy feeling sitting on the side , broke down  :(

Coffee's on ... Dunkin Donut brand

BTW ...It's 66° and clear..... high of 82 ° they say's  :-\  never the less , fall is here today  :)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2016, 07:00:37 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

3rd morning of frost. 'Tis 34 and sunny. High of 67.

Slim

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2016, 08:55:13 AM »
Happy Columbus day, all! Or, if you're into multicultural revisionist history as taught nowadays" Happy original oppressor of the Native Americans day"

Whichever you choose, it's still a day off for most federal employees, So I'm off. Made some biscuits and gravy for the family, Seemed to be well accepted. Sorry Del, had to use crisco no real lard in the larder here.

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2016, 11:39:56 AM »
Morning all.

Still pretty bad today.   The sinuses are less plugged,  but at the cost of being very sensitive. :-\

55 as I write, with an expected high in the 80s. 

Why did they go changing ole' Columbus day again?  I was happy with it being on the 12th, since it helped me remember my uncle's birthday. After 520 years, you would think it would be a hard holiday to mess up. ::)

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday.  I got a new computer Saturday, so I'm trying to figure it all out, but it's going pretty well.  It's one of those newfangled Windows 10 deals.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing.

--TK

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2016, 01:12:01 PM »

I got a new computer Saturday, so I'm trying to figure it all out, but it's going pretty well.  It's one of those newfangled Windows 10 deals.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing.

--TK
Still using my old #7 here, I'm glad they finally quit sending the "get windows 10" popup every day. I'll just keep this one as is, as long as it works. Then I'll get a 10(or whatever's being sold by then)

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2016, 01:21:19 PM »
I got the Windows 10 update pop-up until finally either accidentally or automatically, it began to download.  I hit cancel, and the pop-up has never came back!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com