Author Topic: How to build a Positive Slam Down  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Trader Dan

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How to build a Positive Slam Down
« on: September 18, 2016, 09:38:50 AM »
Pards,

I put some lighter springs in the Golden Boy. It works great but I would like to be sure the carrier goes all the way down after extensive shooting as I have dedicated myself to shoot the Holy Black out of the 1866. I have my first match today after a summer of not going to the matches all summer for one reason or another. I installed the spr9ing kit and took the gun to the range and ran about 100 rounds through it with no problems. BUT, because Murphy and I are besties, I just have a feeling he will show up today at the match  and cause problems for me. He does that ya know. 

I have searched here and I have searched the internet and I cannot find even a bad picture of what a PSD looks like and no where did I find out how to either modify my lever arm or buy a new one and modify it.

Would someone be so kind as to either provide me with a link or post instructions and pictures of how to modify the lever arm so it will act as a PSD.

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: How to build a Positive Slam Down
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »
To eliminate confusion the Golden Boy is a Henry product.  You are probably talking about a Yellowboy whick is the nickname for a Winchester 66.  What caliber are you shooting with the BP?  Some calibers are BP friendly some less so.  It is not difficult you can drill and tap a hole for a screw in the lifter arm or simply drill a blind hole and stick in a piece of drill rod.  Adjust the drill rod to the proper length and red lock tite it in the hole.  Or simply put a little weld on te arm and grind it to fit.  A recent dicussion about the slam down is found here.  Virtually all short stroke kits have extra material on the lifter arm so they are slam down.

http://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=255126&hl=%2Bpositive+%2Bslam+%2Bdown

Offline Trader Dan

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 11:20:50 AM »
1866 Yellowboy

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:33:02 PM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen