Author Topic: Original Henry Carbine  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
Original Henry Carbine
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:18:33 AM »
RARE & POSSIBLY UNIQUE HENRY MODEL 1860 LEVER ACTION CARBINE. SN 241 7723. Cal. 44 RF Henry. Extremely rare & important Henry with 19-1/8″ oct bbl that has integral magazine tube, thin German silver front sight with rounded front edge and 900 yard Henry ladder rear sight...

http://jamesdjulia.com/item/lot-1085-rare-and-possibly-unique-henry-model-1860-lever-action-carbine-47609/

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Original Henry Carbine
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 04:30:39 PM »
I was about to get all excited, until I remembered ...... TA DA, I actually own a 19 inch barrel Henry Carbine.  Of course, mine just happens to be set up for .45 Ultra Short Central Fire.  It also holds a ruddy great pile of cartridges.  If you run the full magazine, one does not forgetfully grasp the rifle by it's barrel.  Not more than once anyway.

NEAT RIFLE.  James D. Julia .... et all ..... seem to get all the really good toys.  Most of which (ALL actually) exceed the contents of my "Gun Fund" several times over.  I once espied an unopened, original box of .44 Henry Flat Rim Fire cartridges up for sale.  That box of cartridges was priced well over 1000 bucks.

Wouldn't it be marvelous if one of the cartridge makers would do a run of Folded Copper case Rim Fire .44 Henry Flat???  Just think of the fun that could be had with all the original Henry Rifles just sitting in collections.  Not to mention playing with original Open Tops. (Sigh).

Coffinmaker

PS:  Forgot.  I also have a Commercially Available 18 1/2 inch Carbine, also set up for .45 Ultra Short.  Capitol FUN yepper!!

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 05:32:56 PM »
...Wouldn't it be marvelous if one of the cartridge makers would do a run of Folded Copper case Rim Fire .44 Henry Flat???  Just think of the fun that could be had with all the original Henry Rifles just sitting in collections.  Not to mention playing with original Open Tops. (Sigh)....

The perfect candidate would be Speer Blazer aluminum ctgs. They could probably even add copper coloring. However, I wouldn't hold my breath on this.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:08:08 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »
Me neither actually.  We shouldn't look real good in "Dead Blue."  ::)

Coffinmaker

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:28:27 PM »
Considering their value I can't imagine many collectors willing to shoot an original Henry in their collection.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com