Author Topic: For the G-Man  (Read 2779 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
For the G-Man
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:09:14 PM »
Classic Wines in Denver carries it.  After reading a few reviews, I really feel good about my choice of Rye!

www.roughriderwhisky.com
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: For the G-Man
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 07:07:27 PM »
Classic Wines in Denver carries it.  After reading a few reviews, I really feel good about my choice of Rye!

www.roughriderwhisky.com

I'm 75 years old and the damned site won't let me in.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:15:04 PM »
Classic Wines is a wholesaler, not a retailer.  I found it for sale at one or two of the mega liquor stores in the Denver area.  I think you could find it at a larger store in a major city near you.

I'm a bourbon guy my self, I find most rye whiskies to have a sharp bite that I don't normally care for.  Drydock was good enough to share the Rough Rider "Bull Moose" rye with me and I was pleasantly surprised.  I have to say it was very good, so good I bought a bottle for my self.  

I also found they make what they call a "straight bourbon whiskey" and bought a bottle.  It has a very interesting character, it reminds me a little of the latest offering in the Woodford Reserve Masters Collection line that sells for two or three times the price.

This is the way the website describes the straight bourbon:

"Rough Rider Straight Bourbon Whisky is aged Bourbon with a mash bill of 60% corn, 35% rye, and 5% barley aged in new charred American oak barrels.

The magic then begins as the Bourbon takes on a new character and goes through a second maturation in our Reserve Aging process in casks formerly housing Merlot and Chardonnay from renowned Long Island wine estates. These casks are washed with high proof aged Brandy before introducing the Bourbon."

I didn't know there were any other whiskeys in the line until tonight when I found "Happy Warrior Cask Strength Bourbon", and a rye called the "The Big Stick" listed on their web site.  Now I'll have to look for these in the mega stores.
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:40:50 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk