Author Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread  (Read 47254 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2016, 01:56:56 PM »
Yeah, kinda like this some nights.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »
5" of rain in the last 2 days.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2016, 08:40:41 AM »
Morning all.  Got some fresh coffee and tea on the brew here.

Slim, sounds like you need to get some water wings.  ::)

Had an odd occurrence last night.  I was going to the high school to pick my brother up from soccer practice, and on the way there, I saw this guy running down the street yelling something.  It's about 38 degrees, but he's barefoot, and when I rolled down my window to hear what he was saying, he kept yelling that his shoes were haunted. ???   Of course, he was one of the local hallucinogen imbibers, so I wasn't too concerned with his haunted footwear.

In other news, my mother is down with the flu, so hunting is not in my near future for a while.  We're keeping her hydrated, but she just doesn't feel well.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Advertising

« Reply #123 on: Today at 04:39:55 PM »

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2016, 09:22:14 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

Off verk today 'cuz I verked Sunday. I'll work on the shed.

'Tis 59 and overcast. "Cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2016, 08:54:14 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Got the new-to-me suburban running again. The stater's aluminum housing that goes into the flywheel housing was broke. Therefore, the gears were not engaging fully. Installed a refurb'd starter and viola! BTW, when I was going to get the starter, the 1995 caravan's tranny gave up the ghost. Had to get it towed home. After I clean it out and get what I want off it (tires, etc.), I'll call the junker to haul it away.

'Tis 61 and overcast. "Mostly cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs in the upper 60s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2016, 09:47:22 AM »
Hey Del, I hate Prius's too .... never like them , hate them now ... :-\

I'm on my way to work , minding my own beeswax..... on the Florida turnpike.

ahead is a Prius struggling to pass a semi trailer in the right lane ...and ahead of him another Semi and behind him (Prius) a Jeep Patriot or something.
So a semi in front, semi on his side , Jeep....and along comes me about 100 feet behind the Jeep and closing...
all of sudden it gets real @ 65 MPH....
Semi in front shreds a tire, Prius stands on the brakes , as the tire carcass goes under him.... smacks the Jeep, which at this time
(to Close) is hauling down on the binders ...blue smoke billowing  as the Offending Semi Trailer disappears into the distance.

Jeep hits Prius and they pirouette into a wad , and I have time "100 feet" worth to  react and swerve back to the Right lane
and miss them >...X'cept there is another you guessed it Toyota " not a Prius though,  Corolla I think
in my blind spot... Note: here,  I was re-acting to missing a rear-ender in Mila-seconds
and I TAG mind you "tap" the Corolla.

Worst thing is I got the fault charge in that one....Jr. Highway patrol kid  ::) said "it was avoidable..."
yeah ! I said  "if I had not gone to work today"  :-\

I said  "I avoided that melee over there "  and the Corolla Driver was cool and told the JR ranger , it wasn't my fault  too !
Junior Cop still charged me ....  

anyway my X over and the Corolla are both drivable,  minor ( though prolly costly) dents & his left headlight.
and I smacked my right wrist hard !  ...sore enough ,requiring X ray's @ my Doc ....sore as hell and dislocated she said not fractured ....
so I wear a wrist brace and will have my State Farm Ins. fix the X over.... Florida is a no fault state , so The Corolla driver also State Farm Ins. will get his head light fixed and his co pay covered .
Course my premium will likely go up ....

FYI ,  other State Troopers handled the Melee, I didn't go over there as they were out and conversing  , and I'd have had to cross the road  with traffic still whizzing by...  
 ( funny if you're just standing there it seems fast, but if you are in the jam with the rubber neckers it excruciating show ! )
I betting the Jeep driver was charged  :-\

Fricking Prius  :)   actually it was the Semi , whom drove off into the distance prolly unaware ... ::)
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
Any vehicle that has to struggle to pass a semi should just stay in the right lane. I've been -close- to a couple of semi blowouts, but never right in the "blast zone". Was diving cars both times. When I have to pass a truck on the motorcycle, I don't hang out there. I hang back a safe distance, and when it's clear to pass the truck, PASS THE TRUCK! Never close to those rear trailer tires more than a second or so.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
I'd fight the ticket, myself, tell the judge if you were stupid you might have killed someone, make them call the Toyo guy in to testify.   Make Jr Trooper come to court and explain it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2016, 05:33:15 PM »
I will , if I have to go to court
actually steps have been taken to Nullify the charge...

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2016, 06:55:54 PM »
I had the tread come off a company mini-van's front passenger tire. Took out the side mirror.  :o

I ended up changing the EGR valve on the new-to-me suburban 'cuz it won't idle. It still is running rough but it does idle.

Slim

Online Russ T Chambers

• Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Well preserved for my age!
  • SASS #: 262
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »
Coffee and tea are ready!

Fall made its presence known Thursday with a high of only 59 (20 degrees cooler that the day before) still working our way back to a high of about 80 today.

Finished off the September festivities yesterday with a trip down to the Genoa Candy Dance.  The oldest settlement in Nevada more than doubles its population during this two day event.

This year we managed to make it to the Rib cook-off, balloon races, air races, camel races and Candy Dance.  Skipped Street Vibrations as I’m not really into motorcycles.  There were herds of the critters all over the streets and freeways.  It finishes up today, and then we should get back to normal until Halloween, when Nevada celebrates becoming a state.
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2016, 10:45:03 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 70 and overcast. A bit humid. "Humid. Cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning...Then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2016, 11:19:36 AM »
This was as of yesterday, slightly more color today, and very tender

no lever gun or Right handed duelist for a while  :(

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2016, 11:20:58 AM »
Ouch

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2016, 12:47:27 PM »
Watching the Pack beat on the Lions. Raining outside. Still sunny at GB.

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2016, 07:02:16 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 53 and partly cloudy. High of 61.

Slim

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:35 AM »
This was as of yesterday, slightly more color today, and very tender

no lever gun or Right handed duelist for a while  :(

OUCH!!!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2016, 09:40:10 AM »
Good morning all.

Major, I imagine Mr. NSAID is probably a friend right now?  Hope that all works out well.

Slim, as much as it stinks to be in your car situation, just know that You're not alone on that one,  :-\  We found what we thought was the problem on the Explorer, so we bought the part and installed it and it fired right up.  But then, when My mom and I were going across town to pick up a friend to go hunting (which was planned in my truck), the car was being weird.  Felt like riding with someone new to a manual.  The car is an automatic.  ???  We limped it home and told my dad.  He drove it up a fairly steep hill to see if he could recreate the problem and got more than he bargained for.  At the top, it died.  It hasn't started since.  
We think it's a wiring thing, which complicated matters because this is a 2010.  The whole thing is filled with a jumbled pasta of wires and computers. :o

In other news, I've got whatever my mom had a couple days ago.  Just general nasty feeling. :-X

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2016, 12:53:04 PM »
only about 800mg worth  :(  & started to look like purple sunset 

My daughters was bucking and snorting sorta like you are describing ...was two or 3 burnt coils

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2016, 07:59:10 AM »
only about 800mg worth  :(  & started to look like purple sunset 

My daughters was bucking and snorting sorta like you are describing ...was two or 3 burnt coils

Hope it gets to feeling better, Major.  And that's what the computer keeps telling us.  Cylinders 2,3 and 6 are missing.  The distributor is brand new, though.  As in, we replaced it just before it died the second time.  :(  So now we think that it might be the wiring coming in.  Mixed feelings on that one.   Kind of like watching HRC fall off a cliff holding your really nice new rifle, you want to laugh and clap, but also cry.

On the subject of rifles, I get my new Ruger American next Thursday, I think.   My 10 day wait is up on Saturday, but my mom will have my truck in the city, so I'll be on foot.  And unfortunately, we can't open carry long guns in CA. So I have to wait until Thursday. :-\  My scope should come in the mail tomorrow, though, so I'm going to go down there and lap/mount it.

--TK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com