Author Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread  (Read 47451 times)

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:02:33 AM »
Yep, it's here.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
Re: 9th Month O f 2016 Coffee thread
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 04:00:42 AM »
woke to a damping....in fact went to bed it was raining ....Hermie promises 100% chance of precipitation this afternoon,
it in lull right now... but wait a few.
100% cloud cover.

Coffee is on.... maybe some Grits too.... 

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 05:34:03 AM »
Thanks for the coffee, but pass on the grits...I'm 7 lbs down in less than 3 weeks by cutting out carbs.  I've got mucho mas before I eat some carbs!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Advertising

Re: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:23:28 PM »

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 07:04:00 AM »
Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 56 and cloudy. High of 68.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major E A Sterner

• "Honorary Southern Gentleman"
  • CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 12916L
  • GAF #: 118
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 120
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
Mornin Y'all,the year is going too fast.Good Troy,cyber grits are carb free,so enjoy.
Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 09:57:01 AM »
Mornin Y'all,the year is going too fast.Good Troy,cyber grits are carb free,so enjoy.

In that case, I'll have two servings with butter and sausage gravy!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 09:58:43 AM »
 :)   as it turns out so were the real Grits I didn't make  :)

flat forgot  ::)  but I did have two count them (2) bing, Bing BINGGGGGGGG Colombian brew mugs O coffee.

Tad wired ...

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2016, 11:41:43 AM »
Morning all.

Gotta be careful with that Colombian coffee there Major.  It'll sneak around and bite ya'.  8)

Well, I forgot to set my alarm this morning, so instead of getting up at 0530, I rolled out of bed at 0715.  I enjoyed the sleep, though I still haven't gotten my morning run in yet.  ::)

And to answer your question from teh last thread about the Beretta, Major, it's the Tomcat 3032.  Little mouse gun, tip up barrel.  Actually, it's pretty much the gun James Bond used in the original book, though his was a 25ACP instead of a .32ACP. ;D  I did put the money down on it, so I'll be getting both the Smith & Wesson, and the Beretta.  Whichever one my mom likes better, I'll keep the other one.  :P

And, to wrap things up, I think I came very close to getting mugged last night.  :o  I was walking home from the other side of town as it was getting dark, and by the time I got to my side of town, the street lights were the brightest thing out there.  Anyway, as I was about to turn from one street onto the main highway, there was this bush that created a very dark shadowy area, and I swung about ten feet wide of it.  As I was going past, a fellow of about six feet, wearing gang-like clothing stepped out of that shadow and fell in behind me.  I increased the speed of my stride, and he stayed right behind me.  He followed me for almost 100 yards through a well lit part of the street, until I crossed the highway under a street lamp and cut through a neighbor's yard, which has motion activated flood lights and a loud German Shepard that knows me.  As soon as I got out of the neighbor's yard, I bolted into the shadows and didn't stop until I got my porch.  I'm here to tell you, I ran an Olympic-level half mile.  Adrenaline anyone?

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 07:48:20 PM »
Good ta hear you eluded the would be mugger, TK.
Since I started carrying a pistol daily, I've been more observant of my surroundings.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 12:56:21 AM »
Thanks for the coffee, but pass on the grits...I'm 7 lbs down in less than 3 weeks by cutting out carbs.  I've got mucho mas before I eat some carbs!

I got yelled at a couple years ago at the Muster, Jerry was at the house on Sunday morning, stepped on the scale and had gained 5 pounds sinceMonday, I just made it, didn't force him to eat it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2016, 05:33:48 AM »
I could see that happen'n to me, Del!  I think I put on 2 lbs last night for Mrs. Red's birthday dinner!!!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2016, 09:05:19 AM »
Morning all, I brought some fresh cream for the coffee if anyone is interested. :D

First, I must voice that technology is very confusing.  YouTube says that it should not take more than 8 hours to process a video before it goes live.  I have one on hour 45 and it's still not done.   :-\  This is why I like guns, they're never late.

I also think I found a small meteorite last night.  At least, it looks like it was melted in certain areas, and I found it in a spot that hasn't had a fire (or river) in at least 200 years.  That and it's magnetic. 

Finally, I'm confused about my run times.  For anyone that knows/cares about those things, Sunday, I ran an 11:30 mile and felt like I was three steps from an early grave.  Monday, I ran a 10:30 mile, and could have gone for a second.  Tuesday I ran an 8:49, and while I was pretty wiped out, ten minutes later I did over 50 each pushups/situps/flutterkicks. And then Wednesday, I ran an 8:44 in the morning, and walked 5 miles in the evening in under an hour.  Now, I can normally walk at a fast pace forever, but running, I've always been that guy pulling 10-minute/mile.  Confusion.  ::) ???

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2016, 09:56:49 AM »
TK,

Thanks for the creamer!

Here's a little story from my running past (I've done nothing but get fat for the last 5 years)...
I registered and trained for my first marathon in 2008 (the event was to be held in January 2009).  I had a good summer of training behind me, and I did my first half marathon that October.  I finished with under a 9:30 pace.  Well, I figured if I could run a half at this pace, I should be training at that pace!  I was injured by Thanksgiving (IT band issues), and ended up not being able to train for about a month.  I ended up having to back out of the long run and enter the half that January.  Lesson learned ... Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

Make your routine training runs moderate...1:00/mile at least under your race/best pace.  Build endurance, stability in your muscles and aerobic capacity.  Free advice, worth exactly what you paid for it!

Off now to finish packing....going to my first NCOWS event at Berger Sharpshooters!

Have a safe and fun Labor Day w/end, y'all!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:32 PM »
Thanks for the advice Troy.  :D  I'm definitely taking it much easier this go around than last time.  Last time I went from my longest run being a game of tag, to 5k a week, to 55k a week.  All in about two weeks.  Shin splints, knee pain, etc, and I stopped running.

This time, I'm going more moderately.  ::)  Started this week at 1 mile, with Thursday and the coming Sunday off, and Friday being a test day.  Next week up to 1.5 miles with Wednesday and Sunday off, and Friday again a test day.  My goal is to finish a 5k about half way through October, and maybe a 10k in January, if I can hack it. 

My final goal is Air Force Special Tactics, but that won't be until January or February (What is this, Plan G for my life? ::) ), so I have time to work up to physical standards for that. But, running is my biggest weakness, so I need to work it.
By the way, my final time for this week (pushing myself hard on test day) is 8:12.

And good luck at NCOWS!

--TK 

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 03:21:37 PM »
Tell them I said hey , Troy,  and we'll see them next month , and have the Mudd spread ! ;)
If your still in Dallas, Monday night look me up ..Co. has me bivouacked at the downtown Hyatt House for 3 weeks.

As to running, well , mostly I go lay down till the thought fades away ....  :(

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 07:41:24 PM »
Evening y'all.

I ran track in HS. I was not the fastest. I was not in the middle of the pack.  ::) If memory serves me correctly, I ran everything except the 1/2 mile.

Have fun at the NCOWS event, Troy.

HS grad party for daughter number 2 tomorrow.

Slim

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 08:39:37 PM »
I ran track one year in school, was also never at the front of the pack in areal race.... now at practice? I was often near the front, I think that's why the coach kept putting me in races, the other guys were faster, but they weren't putting much effort into thepractice. For me, longer distance was better. At one time I was running low 6 minute times on the mile. In my army days, usually in the 13-14 minute 2 mile range. Pushups, however, :-[ usually barely passed the minimum on PT tests, upper body strength was never my thing.

Nowadays.... got "Arthur" living in my hips, and that brief attempt at getting in to shape and joining the Nat Guard about a dozen years ago, trying to do pushups ended up with a torn Rotator, so none of that anymore.

Offline Major 2

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2016, 01:08:36 AM »
"Arthur" is a companion here as well.... knees,  mostly the left , but the right is in sympathy....
then the sciatic nerve in my butt can join the chorus. 
Age is just marvelous for Fine Wine and  some Cheeses.... but anymore ....my Wife just whines about me cutting the cheese   ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2016, 06:56:57 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 45 and sunny. High of 74.

Slim

Offline litl rooster

• Retired Cowboy... with saddle a 94 and the good book
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2016, 09:33:58 AM »
Morning thanks for the beverage. Happy September... Mr Shipley's favorite season is fast upon us.

Glen did you get rattled out of bed this morning?
Mathew 5.9

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com