Author Topic: 1940 Model 12 trench gun build  (Read 24306 times)

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 1940 Model 12 trench gun build
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2017, 05:59:47 PM »
If EVERY club had the same policy, I'd happily shoot one of my M12s instead of a '97.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »
Don't know why a WB stage designer would make a shooter load his sg on the clock unless he was trying to discourage the use of the M12 or else he was not really a WB shooter and was designing stages as a CAS shooter. My club's very talented stage designer creates our WB matches so that the CAS shooters can compete along with the 1911 shooters. They shoot 10, we shoot 15-20. They load sgs on the clock, we load ours at the loading table. I've designed a bunch of cas matches but never a WB, it's a challenge for sure.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 08:14:43 AM »
We shot our quarterly Wild Bunch match yesterday and had a hot dog lunch. Only 14 shooters, half shooting WB. My bud and I were in our 1912 uniforms, shot duelist and used Colt 1911s, the other WB shooters didn't wear uniforms, used both hands and shot modern 1911s. I used my bayonet for the first stage. Here's a photo of my M12 trench gun in action. But I didn't do any better than Pershing did, no Pancho Villa today.

5-27. Shot our WildBunch match yesterday. 10 shooters, 2 were cowpokes and the rest shot 'funny guns' as Carolina Schoolmarm calls them. Only 3 were correctly wearing 1912 summer uniforms and shooting duelist I'm afraid. The heat cut us short with only 5 scenarios. I used my M12 with my 2 inch shells. Ran like a top with only a little hiccup when I got to the last couple of shells in the first stage. I tried tilting the gun to the left when racking the gun which seemed to solve the problem. Had no problem moving the resetting sg targets. Actually the load is a tad hotter than my standard length load was. A little more powder and shot just a lot shorter wad. They work!!
"Give'em hell, Pike"

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:12:40 AM »

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 08:45:28 AM »
Nice!

Offline Boggus Deal

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »
If EVERY club had the same policy, I'd happily shoot one of my M12s instead of a '97.

I know this is an old post but thought I would chime in. WBAS rules say that you may load the shotgun up to the required amount for the stage. The rules committee would like for clubs to write stages that way. Same with seven in the magazine. I hear clubs still limiting to five. I hope they start writing stages around seven in the magazine.

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2018, 08:31:27 AM »
As I mentioned earlier my sass/wasa club’s talented match director creates our quarterly WB shoots so that the regular cas shooter can shoot as well as the 1911 shooter. When we do we usually have more auto shooters than SA shooters. Revolver shooters shoot their usual 10 while auto shooters shoot 15-20 per stage, rifle and sg target sequences are the same for both. In order to accommodate both type of handguns and target arrays we only load 5 rds in the mag. With the decline of other clubs holding dedicated monthly WB shoots this would be a workable solution. Movement with the 1911 is with the slide locked while interupted auto strings of fire without movement use a prop to stage the slide locked pistol on. Would be a way for a club to sneak in a WB match along with their monthly cas match without too much rigmarole. Of course IMO, the best way to go is to become a sass/wasa club and have the best of both worlds and the option to use all your handguns, SAs, DAs, and autos every month. And still play cowboy, army or whatever you want.
And a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all.

-Last years Christmas dinner. We got rained out this year so we’ll have our Christmas party in January.-
"Give'em hell, Pike"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com