Author Topic: Finally...A Colt Blackpowder  (Read 2563 times)

44caliberkid

Finally...A Colt Blackpowder
« on: August 15, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »
Been wanting one forever, just couldn't bring myself to pay close to six bills.  Saw one on an online auction, 1851 Navy, misidentified as a 44 caliber.  Thought someone might be trying to pass off a Uberti as real Colt (I know, they're Italian parts) but I could see the Colt barrel address in the pics. No one else bid and I got it today.  36 cal, Colt Signature, fancy box plus protective outer cardboard box, beautiful glossy blue black.  All for the price of a new Italian clone.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Finally...A Colt Blackpowder
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 09:55:45 PM »
Sounds like a good find. I buy a gun once in a while on Gunbroker, usually get them at a good price, lots of times when not so many are bidding on them. I call them squeakers! Lots of time I watch a number of guns that are interesting, many times the gun bid/information is hidden between gun company catalogs, parts, etc, etc. I will have been looking through a number of pages and all of a sudden a gun for sale will pop up that's been on auction for a while that I didn't see and has few bids and will go for a good price. Case in point is a Springfield M1 Garand I bought recently, March of 1954 barrel and approx. serial number range, all part drawing numbers match serial number and barrel-excellent shape, throat erosion and muzzle wear both in #1 range scale--a real find and beauty. It was a squeaker, only had three other bids and sold way below what others of its shape had been selling for. It had been on auction 3-4 days before I saw it. It pays to watch the auction bids if you are into on-line auctions. I've never been unhappy with any buys, always communicate with seller before bidding.

Have fun shootin your Signature Model Colt. I picked up a new, unfired, in box (even had its brown paper outer cardboard box as yours had) Signature 3rd Model Dragoon back in early 2008, several months after I bought a Cimarron 2nd Model Dragoon. Payed the same for the Sig model as I did the Uberti. Don't care what some may say, the Signature Models are still Colts, say so on the box, on the gun, and on all the papers. Don't care a tinker bell if they won't 'paper' with Colt. I called Colt once and the Colt represenitive said that they ARE Colts, just won't 'paper'. Who cares! Love them Colt cap and balls! 
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 10:32:18 PM »
Been wanting one forever, just couldn't bring myself to pay close to six bills.  Saw one on an online auction, 1851 Navy, misidentified as a 44 caliber.  Thought someone might be trying to pass off a Uberti as real Colt (I know, they're Italian parts) but I could see the Colt barrel address in the pics. No one else bid and I got it today.  36 cal, Colt Signature, fancy box plus protective outer cardboard box, beautiful glossy blue black.  All for the price of a new Italian clone.

Congrats on your find.  Enjoy it.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:09:13 PM »

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 09:06:38 AM »
Congrats on a great find!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com