Author Topic: How much to join your club?  (Read 4488 times)

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How much to join your club?
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:42:52 PM »
I live in Ireland so I know things on this side of the Atlantic are different form America and elsewhere, but I was wondering just how much it costs to join a club where you live. Let me expand. I'm in 2 clubs......rifle, pistol, shotgun and CAS which take place on which ever date the club can accommodate. I'm about to join a third club this week in order to shoot full bore rifle mid week. This new club will cost me £300 which is about $400 or so. That makes £90 for my first club, £200 for my second and now £300 for my third. I'm not complaining. The third club will be a day out as it will kill a day, driving shooting and returning home.

Just wondering what it takes for other members. No need to name clubs of course.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: How much to join your club?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:57:15 PM »
Here is some ...in Florida

You can shoot at a County run range ...for about $8.  ( a day )   there are two , and 3rd. under construction.

I joined a Private Range
 $ 100 - 1 time fee for Orientation (non Refundable )
 $ 260 - the first year includes ins.
+ membership in the NRA (required )

Then $165 per year there after ( with $3 discounted for every hour you volunteer, as a RO or Safety Officer , Grounds maintenance . Or Youth or Ladies Day
I have 13 hours on the books so far this year = $39 off my $165  

I can shoot  30 min. after dawn to 30 min before dusk -7 days a week ... I can bring up to 3 guests,  attend any function, or host a Match. ... except on one the scheduled grounds maintenance days

EDIT:  I should add all Disciplines are offered... SASS, Tac 3 , Muzzleloading (NMLRA) , Glock Challenge, Home defense, NRA CC Coarse, & RO training
NCOWS, Silhouette , IDPA, IPSC, NSSF, FSSA NFAA CMP

Action Range, Archery, Trap Ranges, Plinking Range,  50- 100 300 meter

Area indoor ranges charge about $8-10 per hour ( and if you wish Gun rental is extra )
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 04:32:42 PM »
I should have mentioned.....you have to be a member of a club before you can apply for a a pistol/revolver. And yes, your subsequent fees are less than your first.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:06:34 AM »

Offline Kent Shootwell

• Top Active Citizen
  • Got whiskey, will stumble.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 08:07:51 PM »
My club is $125 per year and offers rifle, pistol, trap, skeet and sporting clays. The cas matches I go to don't require membership just a match fee. On public ground anyone can shoot for free but you set your own targets and good people pick up after themselves and often the slobs that were there befor them. I'm lucky and have private ground of friends that I can use just 2 miles from home with up to 300 yards with a good back stop.
Little powder much lead shoots far kills dead.
Member, whiskey livers
AKA Phil Coffins, AKA Oliver Sudden

Offline The Trinity Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gathering of Freedom-Seed Spreaders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 11:31:49 PM »
It's not a CAS club, but here in my town in California, the local rod and gun club charges $30/year for a single person membership and $40/year for a family membership.  The range has a trap/skeet/clay range, a 150-ish yard rifle range and a 75 yard pistol range.  Open to members 8am -dark every day (except when the local fire dept. declares it unsafe to shoot because of fire hazard).  The general public can get in for free on Wednesdays and weekends from 8am -1pm.

Keep in mind, the club has less than 50 members, and the town it is located in has a population of 160, so there is little use.  Less use = less money to maintain.

--TK
"Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven." William T. Piper

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?

Offline Cow Chip

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2016, 03:38:39 PM »
CLubs here run as little as $15 a year to maybe $125.
My club is $100/year plus a one time $50 that gets you an orientation, club access key.

We do no fundraisers. Some clubs seem to spend as much time on raffles and such as they do anything else.

there are 'different' kinds of clubs - some, like mine, are SHOOTING clubs - not social, not hunter, not archery. We have organized shotgun leagues and matches (trap), pistol (PPC and IDPA), cowboy (SASS) as well as a police pistol league, a junior rifle league (free for kids under 18).
We do annual CMP military and rimfire matches and an annual Patrol Rifle match.

We have a 200yd rifle, 400 yard rifle, 4 50 yard pistol/smallbore ranges, a 50' indoor range, a trap (2 house) range and a 25 yard rimfire handgun range, and a bit over 1000 members.

A friend belongs to one of the $15 clubs..they have a trap range. No organized events other than trap, no indoor range.

there are a couple of clubs that are mroe social - they have full bars (alcohol) in them.

Some are more hunter oriented, some have archery groups and ranges, one has a skeet, trap and sporting clays.

Offline DeaconKC

• Retired Predator Hunter
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 110215
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4862
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 03:46:59 PM »
My club is $125 a year for family, and there is a waiting list to join. Separate pistol only range and the rifle range has 300 yard lanes. We are in Southern Illinois.
SASS DeaconKC
The Deacon AZSA
BOLD 1088
RATS 739
STORM 448
Driver for Howard, Fine & Howard
Veterinary & Taxidermy Clinic
"Either way, you get your dog back"

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 04:16:39 PM »
So how about the distance to your nearest club? My first would be 25 minutes drive, on a very good day, my second club would be 1 hour, and my new club would be a 2 hour drive. We consider that " far away ", but it will be worth it to shoot 100yd, 200yd and 300yd rifle. Alcohol? Never would be seen at a pistol/ revolver or rifle range. At skeet and DTL ranges, well maybe a small Irish.

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2016, 05:56:00 PM »
My club cost $100 for first time members plus the yearly fee of $85. 

The out door range has 4 pistol berms, 3 of which I use once a month for a CAS match.  One is a tactical pistol berm. Pistol berms are about 50 yds deep and have a variety of metal targets.

There is a covered rifle line with about 12 shooting tables.  Rifle distance from 25 yds to 550 yds, with metal targets at 50, 100, 170, 220, 330, 440 and 550.  There is a life size steel buffalo target at 510 yds.

There is a 50 yd archery range.

There are 2 trap house, skeet and sporting clays.

Range is about 6 miles from my house.

I shoot CAS matches at other ranges that vary from 13 miles to 60 miles away.

Silver Rings
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2016, 07:01:50 PM »
You can visit the web page if you like
http://www.cfrpc.com/

As to distance about  20 minutes ....
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »
The only club I belong to is Central Ozarks Western Shooters, cost is $20 a year, but that only gets access to the range on shoot days, we don't own the range, it belongs to a Practical Pistol club, for further access to the range you have to join them, and I don't know what that costs. It's about 45 minutes away.

But my primary range is my farm, the only annual fees are called property taxes, and it's right outside my door.

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 07:19:01 PM »
$10.00 to join our cowboy club and all shoots are then $10.00. If you're not a member it's $15.00 per shoot. If you come to 3 shoots it's worth signing up as a member!

::) Rye
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com