Author Topic: New Toy For A Big Boy  (Read 2229 times)

44caliberkid

New Toy For A Big Boy
« on: August 06, 2016, 06:50:23 AM »
I just received a new stainless steel 1858 Remington from Cimarron. It has been back ordered for a year and a half.  I asked the Cimarron guys about it in May at the NRA Annual Meeting in Louisville, and they said stainless was rare and expensive in Italy and that I would probably never see it.  So image my surprise when I received a call from a nice lady at Cimarron telling me it was in and did I still want it.
  It is a beautiful revolver. Very mechanically sound and smooth.  Also has a Cimarron , Fredricksburg, TX., barrel address. Neat!  I would post a pic, but am not techno savy and the only thing I know how to do on a computer is spend money.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: New Toy For A Big Boy
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:08:23 PM »
Sounds like a nice 'hogleg'. I can recall once upon a time when some of the stainless cap and balls would show up at gun shows or could be seen in advertising or gun magazine articles. Were always nice looking-should have bought a few back then. Fingers McGee is always on the hunt for some of the Uberti Colt stainless replicas. I like the look of stainless over nickel plated guns. I do have a Colt Trooper that I carried on duty for many a year that I had a MetaLife finish applied(version of hard chrome) from Mag-Na-Port Arms, that I like for looks over any of the 'modern' stainless firearms. Wears like a diamond and a lot prettier!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 10:42:23 AM »
Nice find Crow Choker.  For reasons I don't understand, it seems like those old style pistols point better than the later ones.  I shoot a brace of 1860 open tops and find that they point more naturally than any other guns I own.  Enjoy some fine "instinctive" shooting!

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:19:08 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com