Author Topic: Possible ban of muzzle loaders by the EU  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Possible ban of muzzle loaders by the EU
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:07:29 PM »
I thought this bit of information might be of interest to the folks on this forum.

If this works, I'll try posting another listed article from Pedersoli.
It worked! So here you go.

http://blog.davide-pedersoli.com/muz...lease-by-face/

My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Possible ban of muzzle loaders by the EU
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 08:15:14 PM »
Good reason for a organisation for firearm owner on a world wide bases.
Britain is about to vote on a referendum about either staying in the EU or get out, laws are made in the EU which affect every one.
Dont for get the UN dont want private people to own firearms of any type.

If the UN or EU put as much effort into stopping criminals getting guns they might get some were.

aThanks for the link, but could not open the second one.
Buffalochip

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:11:48 PM »
I got it to open. Whether it was clicking on the link on the left-side drop-down or just waiting, I dunno. I posted it on my son's FB in England.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:58:42 AM »

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 02:29:44 AM »
"“The Dutch Presidency proposed to ban Category D and reproductions of antique firearms, currently not regulated at EU level, while obliging sport shooters to join recognized associations.""

That explains it. The Dutch used to be a major power of the seas and commerce.
Now they are afraid of their own shadow. The Dutch have already banned toy guns, even a wooden carving of a gun is "forbidden".

"The same restrictive approach is adopted against sport shooters with new constraints on the size of the magazines and introducing obligatory membership of a shooting organization and making it conditional to participation to sports competitions."

And they ignore the fact that all the EU criminals of mass shootings obtained their weapons illegally anyway!.

I know of a number of French and Spanish residents that report the locals are "arming up" with every italian C&B revolver they can get. The stores cannot keep them in stock. An Ex-Pat retired LEO in Spain got a pair of .44 Avenging Angels in France just for pocket carry and have them loaded up with 777.  I predict that any jihadist waving a knife will be perforated with high velocity lead RB and set afire :-)

He reports that several countries (such as France) have over-the counter ML sales like in the USA . Ever since the "refugee" rapes and murders in the "host countries" they are getting tourists from all over the EU driving into France buying them...

I predict that the EU is going to fall apart. The major affluent countries are paying to keep the loser countries afloat, and it is a drain on them that's more than money. Taking down the borders meant that there is literally nothing to stop a flood of people from swarming, bringing primitive unacceptable "customs" with them,  and the hard core terrorists are along for the ride,  hiding out amongst them.

interesting times....

oh yah, and Rio needs emergency funding for the Olymipics, while all of Brazil in an economic depression ...

yhs
prof grumpy
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Offline Scattered Thumbs

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 08:26:29 AM »
"When Hitler attacked the Jews.
I was not a Jew, therefore I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the Catholics,
I was not a Catholic, and therefore, I was not concerned.
And when Hitler attacked the members of the Unions and Industrialists,
I was not a member of the unions and I was not concerned
Then Hitler attacked me and the Protestant church
And there was nobody left to be concerned."

Martin Niemoller

There's a lesson here to be learned:

Wake up! Before it's too late.

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 02:31:41 PM »
There are several issues that come to my mind if this proposal comes to pass within the EU.

1. is that I do not know just what the "C" & "D" class of firearms means within the EU.
2. is that this suggested ban is not only for "original" firearms but also for the "reproductions".
3. is how will this effect the availability of reproductions in membership Nations of the EU?
4. Becoming a member of a State sanctioned Sport/Competitive Shooting Organization, will this be run by elected membership of the organization, or by Government appointed Officials?

Last but not at all least, if this comes to pass,,,, how will it effect SASS, C/WAS Action Shooting availability for buying reproduction firearms here in the US?
Just some thoughts on my part as to the long term effects of this should it catch on.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 03:49:12 PM »
In the UK if it is an antique muzzle loader (flint or cap and ball) no license needed to own or trade, also there is a list of obsolete ammo which you may own the guns for (and you will be surprised what is on there) no license need to own these. All repoduction guns need a license to own and shoot also a license to own Black Powder and caps. So Antique gun will have to be license if I read this correctly. In some European countries single shots were not licensed, this may have changed, not lived there for ten year. It will if this goes through.

As far as exports are concerned with the repros should not change as a export permit is need now to get gun out of Europe. Except if deamed of Military origen ? I belive there use to be a restriction there.

All said it is just another nail in the coffin of shooting and the sport as a whole.

Buffalochip

Offline Tsalagidave

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dave Rodgers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 61
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 01:24:01 AM »
I recommend joining the NRA and keeping the pro 2nd amendment lobby strong.  You can do it for as little as $25.  We were bestowed with a huge responsibility  that came with our right to bear arms.  It is not primarily for hunting, sport-shooting, and collecting but for serving as a standing deterrent for law abiding Americans against government overreach that would violate our rights as defined by the Constitution.  The majority of our military and law enforcement know this and consequently support the 2nd Ammendment alongside us.  We are at a crossroads now. One leads down the path toward America's re-emergence as "the shining city on a hill".  The other path leads to a country that would still be called America but its existence would be in name only.

-Dave
Guns don't kill people; fathers with pretty daughters do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com