Author Topic: Kid comes to the match, and wins. . .  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Kid comes to the match, and wins. . .
« on: June 06, 2016, 04:38:48 PM »
Shot the Annual match at the Rock River Regulators at the Beloit, Wi. Rifle Club.  I'm proud to announce that my Grandson, Kalamity Ken shot his first match ever and did very well.  Ken is 11 years old and fits his hat just fine.  He had several clean stages and his grin won't come off his face yet.  I loaded his .410 scattergun ammo with Holy Black under 1/2 oz of shot.  He loved the smoke and flames.

Now, here's the real kicker.  The Kid won the whole match Spirit of the Game award.  I'm thinkn' he'll be back with his Dad, Bushwhack Jacksack.  Bushwhack bought Ken a brace of Ruger Bearcats and a Henry lever rifle.  He still needs a .410 SxS, but we're workin' on that.  He shot the match with a single pipe .410 and it really slowed him down.  He didn't seem to let his stage time worry him.

Expect to learn more of the career of Kalamity Ken, the 11 year old terror.

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Thumb Buster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Kid comes to the match, and wins. . .
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 05:18:17 PM »
That is good news.  Keeping it in the family is important as one day I fear it will be a thing of the past.  (Hope I'm dead and gone with dirt in my face before that happens.)  Seeing your grandson do so well and like it must have had you beaming. 
"Those who pound their guns into plowshears will plow for those who didn't"  --Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 07:56:38 AM »
Thing is, he didn't strut, swagger or boast.  Just had a wry grin.  Ken told me he really liked my black powder .410 ammo.  I think he will be a good candidate for the Darkside.  I sure wish I had been able to shoot Cowboy Action when I was 11 years old.  He has a long career ahead of him.

And yes, we do need the young shooters.  Several more CAS shooters from our club have passed on.

DD-MDA
Gunfighter Ordinar

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:56:39 PM »

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:19:53 AM »
Good to see!
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 07:55:09 AM »

And yes, we do need the young shooters. 

DD-MDA

Good job Dick, bet you had more fun watchin him shoot than you did yourself at the match. I got my grandsons shootin .22 LR several years ago, one of them was here about a month ago and we burned up a brick of .22's. My daughter reported he took one of his 'glow' targets he had shot to school for a 'show and tell' as he was so proud of it. He is a good shot at 10 yrs old. Asked his mom if he got in trouble for bringing "something associated with firearms" to school, she advised no. Must be an understanding teacher and not some PC lib. Get em' started young!!!! I plan to get em' shooting some black powder this summer with my 36 caliber Cap n balls and a new 38 caliber 1860 conversion I just got. "Love the smell of black powder smoke in the air"!
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »
So, here he is.  Ken lites 'em up.

DD-MDA
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 08:10:49 AM »
Nice picture Dick. Reminds me with you standing there 'overseeing' the action of when I used to take my kids fishing when they were young. I never got much 'hook and line' time myself. Always busy helping them. Same goes when my grandkids shoot-always helping, advising, and keeping a watchful eye on em'. Makes it fun to see them shooting and enjoying it.
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 04:03:13 PM »
Ken's instructor standing there with him is his Uncle, Silas McFee.  Silas is a patent medicine salesman and excellent camp fire cook.  We shot well in great weather and we ate very well around the campfire.

Silas McFee and Bushwhack Jacksack (Ken's dad) are my Sons in Law.  My daughters married well.

DD-MDA
Gunfighter Ordinar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com