Author Topic: Updates on the F Troop Company/ What Price Glory pre-1900 collabortations.  (Read 2792 times)

Offline FTrooper

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gents,

Got some images today from Jerry Lee of What Price Glory of some of the prototype items he is patterning. His stuff just gets better the longer he is in the game. They hope to have some of this stuff available by late summer/early fall. I will keep people abreast of things as they become reality.

Some things that are currently available include:

Type II and Type III canvas flapped M1874 blanket bags. There is a picture of 3rd Cavalrymen using these as haversacks during the Span-AM war!

M1895 USMC Remington Lee cartridge belts and suspenders

M1897 and M1898 leggings

M1883 Army Shirts

Span-Am period USMC shirts (the marines did not use the Army M1883)

Krag breech covers

1880's pattern blanket.

http://onlinemilitaria.net/products/c183-1878-1938/

Chris Fischer
F Troop Company LLC
Chris Fischer
F-Troop

Offline Niederlander

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
What Price Glory is rapidly becoming the "go-to" company for us.  Personally, I'd love to see him come up with a really good double row Mills belt for the Krag.  I'm certainly planning to get one of the USMC shirts.  I did a bunch of research years ago to prove it wasn't the same as the Army shirt with white buttons.  Glad to see he did that one.
"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"

Offline FTrooper

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
He now has added an economy M1881 with sewn loops while his guys work on weaving the loops into the belts as well as some M1881 Holsters!
Chris Fischer
F-Troop

Advertising

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
The blanket is on sale right now.  I got one, its excellent!
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline smoke

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
He now has added an economy M1881 with sewn loops while his guys work on weaving the loops into the belts as well as some M1881 Holsters!

Do you have a link to that m1881 belt?  I can't find it on his site.

Thanks!
GAF#379

Offline FTrooper

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-type-45-70-Cartridge-Belt-/331924637660?hash=item4d484007dc%3Ag%3A3u8AAOSwtnpXlQaE&nma=true&si=crt2TGdNvHYAJdRoz5g8WNesWqs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Well this is the only one he has listed so far. SO I am not sure how many "extras" of this run he did. I do know that these were just made up for a movie, he plans to have new ones with loops WOVEN into the belt as opposed to sewn on eventually.

Chris Fischer
F-Troop
Chris Fischer
F-Troop

Offline Pitspitr

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • 308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA
    • Grand Army of the Frontier
  • SASS #: 74523
  • NCOWS #: L187
  • GAF #: 147
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mills-type-45-70-Cartridge-Belt-/331924637660?hash=item4d484007dc%3Ag%3A3u8AAOSwtnpXlQaE&nma=true&si=crt2TGdNvHYAJdRoz5g8WNesWqs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Well this is the only one he has listed so far. SO I am not sure how many "extras" of this run he did. I do know that these were just made up for a movie, he plans to have new ones with loops WOVEN into the belt as opposed to sewn on eventually.

Chris Fischer
F-Troop
...And it's sold.
I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA CRSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Benefactor Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com