Author Topic: Interpersonal Conflicts (at the club level)  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Maker-Wright

• Citizen
  • Maker-Wright
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Interpersonal Conflicts (at the club level)
« on: May 25, 2016, 04:27:42 PM »

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: INTERPERSONAL CONFLICTS (at the club level)Just posted
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:55 PM »
Well said!

Offline Maker-Wright

• Citizen
  • Maker-Wright
  • Liked:
Re: INTERPERSONAL CONFLICTS (at the club level)Just posted
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:58:20 PM »
Well said!
Thanks.

I believe that anyone who's been involved in shooting sports for awhile and hasn't been exposed to this subject first hand should consider themselves quite lucky!

Maker

Advertising

Re: Interpersonal Conflicts (at the club level)
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:48:38 PM »

Offline Maker-Wright

• Citizen
  • Maker-Wright
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 01:41:29 PM »
The link in the OP is live again...

Intended to re-do the vid, never got around to it, but had some requests to put it back up on YouTube, so it's back up.

Maker

Offline Mad Dog Jack

• Active citizen
  • SASS #: 77862
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 11:57:05 PM »
While I have seen some interpersonal conflicts at the people level I have not in my 9 years of experience seen it at the club level. Not that I have not heard criticism of how a shoot was run or that a certain venue was not user friendly but club A does not like club B and does not support their efforts. Criticism by individuals of shoots, handled with respect, is ok, IMO, but shooters that go on a rant and rage are not.
Maybe I live in a bubble, maybe I just don't hear it, but I have sat around the fires of quite a few clubs from California (my home) to Louisiana without experiencing club to club issues. Having said that, your four points are good and your advice is good!
NEVER drink downstream beer!
STORM #318

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 189
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
To the op I would add another question you should ask yourself (this applies to restaurants too), do l want to shoot (eat) here again. I give a club at least a couple of tries to impress me. Boring stages and standoffish people who can't spot or won't help will cause me not to return. Fun, interesting stages and helpful friendly folks and I'll be back and will bring a friend. CAS clubs are a living entity and as such can be great fun and will grow or be destructive and die. One of our members went to his last roundup last year. He loved our club and the good times he had there so much that he wanted his ashes spread in our berm, his twin brother spread his remains and we fired a salute.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 07:54:42 AM »
In my ten years of shooting I've seen Interpersonal Conflicts between Shooters but never on a Club level. In my area there are four SASS Clubs within a sixty mile radius. We all shoot on different weekends so as not to interfere with each other. We all get along good.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com