Author Topic: My Miroku Experience  (Read 1991 times)

Offline Steve S.

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
My Miroku Experience
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:08:55 AM »
     My first Miroku '73 was the Navy Arms/ Turnbull model (24.25" barrel, .45 Colt); the first rifle I received was rejected for cosmetic reasons - I kept the second rifle sent to me but it too was returned for cosmetic reasons and was repaired. The rifle had problems - I could not get it to feed even with varying the cartridge length, the tube magazine was loose in the mounting, the "shiny" stock finish was so sensitive that just minor contact with any object left a mark and the fit/ finish just did not seem to be right for Turnbull work or a rifle in that price range - I sold the rifle. I then purchased a Grade I "Plain Jane" Miroku model (same configuration); what a difference! This base model was cosmetically flawless (plain but very well assembled) and it feeds/ shoots like butter - a notable difference in quality. After thinking about it, I just think that there are so many hands touching the Turnbull models (Miroku, then Turnbull, then Navy Arms, etc) that it leaves a lot of room for error. In a nutshell, I would stick with the Miroku (only) manufactured model and avoid the Navy Arms/ Turnbull stuff. Good shooting.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com