Author Topic: Lee Auto Prime  (Read 5206 times)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1180
Re: Lee Auto Prime
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »
I've never used a Lee auto-prime, but have used the RCBS hand primer since '99 with no problems.

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 463
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »

It's just the opposite for me.

(makes note to thumb wrestle John at the muster.)

(makes note to grip Del's hand in an "Iron Grip" of welcome.)
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Online pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 05:52:33 PM »
Lee still makes the Auto-Prime BTW, with an updated feed system:  http://leeprecision.com/new-auto-prime.html
I haven't seen that one yet, but I don't see how it could work any worse than the previous "new improved" square tray auto prime. I still prefer the original round tray ones.

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:50:36 AM »

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2016, 03:27:36 PM »
I had a Lee Auto prime for about 2 weeks hated it and gave it away.  I have been fairly happy with my RCBS.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

1961MJS

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2016, 06:18:49 PM »
Hi

I have a new RCBS Auto-Prime, the one with the round tray for the primers.  I've had a heck of a time getting the thing to work, I've had to take it apart and file on the inside of the plastic runway from the tray to the plunger, but I think I'm done with the Large Primer one at this point.  The suggestion to clip the primer tray shut was a great idea.  In shaking the whole thing  to get the primers to drop, the tray fell out twice.  The clips help immensely.  Having a set of various shaped diamond files also helped immensely.  

Hi again, August 6, 2016 update.  The RCBS works pretty good.  The primers seem to be a bit squished, but do go off.

Later

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com