Author Topic: USA Rodeo understanding  (Read 5205 times)

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
USA Rodeo understanding
« on: April 24, 2016, 04:58:27 PM »
In another posting I have been have a discussion with Buckaroo Lou and Dave T about what is an all USA made gun.  Now I just went back to Yahoody's posted stickie 'USA or Parts' and came across the serial designations.  It was my stupid belief that a Rodeo (which I think I can afford) could have had either an all numeric or letter/number SN.  Now with the new understand and opened minded look I have become aware that a Rodeo had its own designation letters and 3 digit number, only.

Now if this is all true with no exceptions and the info that GaryG once gave that USA firearms only started with the letter D.
Ds and after are US.  There were no Cs.

Then I only have to find a 'to-buy' Matte black finish revolver with a SN having a letter D or higher.  Right!

Now I understand Captain William Calls posting 'USA Rodeo' which is the same question and the given answer.

So, I am reaching now.  But by deduction I am now believing that 'a revolver designated the 'Rodeo', a matte finish, was not offered until after USFA started making all it own parts in the USA.'  Is this a correct assumption?

All this questioning before I have even handled a USFA revolver!!!!

(editted)
Black River Smith

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: USA Rodeo understanding
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »
Nope. I've got a pair of them with an 'A' prefix that I bought back in the 90's when they were first announced. Very nice pair and have never failed me even if they were made with Italian parts. Least I think it was still in the 90's, memory is going as I get older. I do remember they ran me under $900 for the pair tho'.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 07:29:29 PM »
Ok, so adding your evidence to GaryG, then USFA/USpFA had letters for the Rodeo as:

[A, B,] are Uberti   [D, E, F ......] are US Made

Interesting and thanks for providing this correction.

(editted on 4/25)
Black River Smith

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:16:03 PM »

Offline Buckaroo Lou

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 94
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
Black River Smith,

My understanding is all Rodeo II's the ones with the satin nickel finish are USA made and the satin black Rodeo beginning with the prefix D. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Although in an early style box I believe this to be an all USA made Rodeo and the serial number indicates as much.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=554786537
A man's true measure is found not in what he says but in what he does.

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
Lou,

Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I should have added in the title that the firearm I am strictly referring to is the Matte Black and not the satin nickel both under the Rodeo Model name.

I am still learning here, because I did not understand that the satin nickel was a Rodeo that came later.
Black River Smith

Offline Old Doc

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 05:19:06 PM »
Kind of scandalous what some folks are asking for $600 Rodeos .

Offline yahoody

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 08:20:37 PM »
Quote from: Old Doc
Kind of scandalous what some folks are asking for $600 Rodeos .

Ya think?  :)  Rodeos could be had in my area NIB back in the day for well under $600 and a Premium could be had (and I did several times over ) for $700. plus tax.

But to answer the original question Rodeos started at the A prefix and were three digit after the letter.  A and B series guns were Uberti parts guns for the most part.  I have guns up to the L Series in the 3 and 4 hundred range.  LH was another Series for the Rodeo going to Long Hunter the gun smith, a USFA dealer at the time.
"time leaves tombstones or dry bones"  SASS #2903

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com