Author Topic: The Garand and store bought ammo. Movin' pitchers an everthing!  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18

https://www.full30.com/video/2b685aad8ca63752c22424b4445888a9?utm_source=system&utm_medium=email&utm_content=inrange&utm_campaign=subscribers

Ian and Karl again, with some really useful information.  The Characterization at the beginning is hilarious!  A lot of you will be saying "I know that guy . . . "
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Garand and store bought ammo. Movin' pitchers an everthing!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 10:27:01 PM »
I always wanted to get a Garand but being a lefty, I've been told that I'll not only get my thumb crunched trying to load it but I'll also get hot brass boinking me in the forehead while shooting it.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »
I always wanted to get a Garand but being a lefty, I've been told that I'll not only get my thumb crunched trying to load it but I'll also get hot brass boinking me in the forehead while shooting it.

I believe mine tends to throw brass to the front, around 12 to 2 o'clock. But I suppose they may all be individuals. It also has never bit my thumb, but it seems to require a slight nudge on the charging handle after seating a clip to load a round, I think that's due to wear on something.

Advertising

Offline HKUriah

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »

Not true.  I shoot my Garand left handed all the time.  Hold the bolt open with your right hand while you push the clip in with your left.  Once you left hand is clear, release the bolt.  Impossible to get wounded that way.

Offline Tascosa Joe

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 2770
  • NCOWS #: L-168
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:39 AM »
The only time I ever saw anyone get an M1 Thumb was when the guy was attempting to release the bolt going from "Inspection Arms" to "Port Arms".
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com