Author Topic: New marlin 1895 cb  (Read 5467 times)

Offline Dusty Earl

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New marlin 1895 cb
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:49:56 AM »
The local gun shop finally got in the new marlin 1895 cb . It looks nice. I had forgotten my firearms license so I was not allowed to touch it , just look. It looked like the receiver could have been non steel and finished with a coating. I will have to go back and take a second look.

Offline pistol1911

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: New marlin 1895 cb
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 01:22:43 AM »
Not allowed to touch it because you didn't have your firearms license. Where do you live?

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 06:29:14 AM »
Might be Canada. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:32:52 AM »

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »
Ontario.  I am out here in "The West Beyond The West" in BC. I have seldom been asked for a P.A.L before looking at a gun. Then again, I spend so much time in localgunshops that I am usually recognized as a player. I think Dusty lives in or near a large city where local circumstances demand stricter procedures.
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline Rowdy Fulcher

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 01:49:27 PM »
Howdy
After reading about not being able to handle the gun   ??? ??? ??? all I can say is GOD BLESS AMERICA . To our neighbors to the North , aint it time for a revolution .

As for the Marlin 1895 CB I have one and like it , nice rifle but with a heavy load they kick like a mule . I re-barreled one for 40-65 and have hunted with it , killed several Deer with it .

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 02:35:10 PM »
I have an older '95 Marlin(1970s, straight grip, no safety) And yep, with a heavy load, they can bite on both ends! While I have no experience with the newer "Remlins", I just can't imagine that the receiver is anything other than steel. Why would an 1895 Marlin need alloy? It's almost too light already!

Offline Sir Charles deMouton-Black

• THE ANCIENT SUBSTANCE ENDURES - ALL LESSER PROPELLANTS SHALL FIZZLE
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 396
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 03:20:52 PM »
Howdy
After reading about not being able to handle the gun   ??? ??? ??? all I can say is GOD BLESS AMERICA . To our neighbors to the North , aint it time for a revolution .

As for the Marlin 1895 CB I have one and like it , nice rifle but with a heavy load they kick like a mule . I re-barreled one for 40-65 and have hunted with it , killed several Deer with it .

Rowdy; We are subject to "demographics" like everywhere. While Quebec is more anti-gun, between Ontario and Quebec, there seems to be a preponderance of "Aunties". Those two provinces swing the national vote. Under the Conservatives, we finally had the ROC "rest of Canada", united along with rural and northern Ontario to swing the vote back to pro-gun. Only for awhile!
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 03:41:00 PM »
Rowdy; We are subject to "demographics" like everywhere. While Quebec is more ant-gun, between Ontario and Quebec, there seems to be a preponderance of "Aunties". Those two provinces swing the national vote. Under the Conservatives, we finally had the ROC "rest of Canada", united along with rural and northern Ontario to swing the vote back to pro-gun. Only for awhile!
Same story everywhere. In the US, it's California and New York that screw things up for everyone else, in my own state of Missouri-I've often thought if we could just re-route the Mississippi around to the east of St Louis....and then give St Louis to Illinois....then politically things here would be a lot better.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com