Author Topic: Pietta triggers ???  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Full Charge

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pietta triggers ???
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:21:34 PM »
Is it just me or is it that Pietta sometimes sends out guns with different trigger length's ? I can't spin my guns without trigger  digging into my finger, by looking at other pictures of Pietta's it looks like they are longer than mine.

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Pietta triggers ???
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 10:23:12 PM »
I guess they only want you to spin them in one direction.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
Ah, well,  actually it's a combination of the tiger and the size of the Trigger Guard.  On some Pietta models, the Trigger Guard Loop is a
different shape and diameter then others.

Plus,  Pietta only wants you to spin your pistol "one way."   ::)

Coffinmaker

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:12:51 AM »

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 10:39:03 AM »
I thought this was a no "SPIN Zone"? ;D

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »
I thought this was a no "SPIN Zone"? ;D

A little side story - About 15 years ago at a CAS shoot, a new guy shows up named Doc Scurlock.  He was dressed pretty nicely with a frock coat and such.  I was not on his posse, but heard that after he shot his first stage, he spun the guns into his holsters.  He was told about that being a no-no.  And he never showed up to another shoot with any of the local clubs; never saw him again!

Offline Full Charge

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 08:04:20 PM »
I'm sorry, seams like this question has hit a nerve here, maybe since I'm not a action shooter this is the wrong forum for this question 

Offline Noz

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »
I'm sorry, seams like this question has hit a nerve here, maybe since I'm not a action shooter this is the wrong forum for this question  & me.

Yeah. Our rules say spinning is unsafe gun handling and is forvbidden, Different game different rules.

To answer your question, yes some of the new Pietta triggers are longer than others. I solved the short trigger problem by taking some of the bend out of the trigger which in effect made it a bit longer and resulted in no pinch.

Offline Full Charge

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
Gotcha Noz, Thanks for the straight answer !  (Just for those that didn't know Sammy was that good with a pistol)

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 06:11:36 PM »
I'm sorry, seams like this question has hit a nerve here, maybe since I'm not a action shooter this is the wrong forum for this question  

hit a nerve?  Kinda touchy, are ya?  ( note smiley face:  ;) ).  I just saw some info from coffinmaker plus some jokes and one side-story.  

Yeah, Sammy and Jerry Lewis and Robert Culp and others were pretty slick gun handlers.  I guess it's not all that PC these days.

Offline Thumb Buster

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 06:37:38 PM »
I've got a Pietta 1861 that needed a lot of tender lovin' care to be functional and I noticed something felt odd about the trigger.  There was a difference but when I compared it to my other Pietta triggers I saw the length and radius of curve were the same.  The face of the trigger however was not as radiused(?) and the edges were sharper.  As a result I did a little Dremel work (very little) and now it seems to match the others.  The trigger guard however is of a different shape.  I just wish the barrel was more authentic.  It's nothing but an 1860 barrel bored and rifled to .36.  Oh well...it shoots well.
"Those who pound their guns into plowshears will plow for those who didn't"  --Thomas Jefferson

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com