Author Topic: Tucker and Sherrard  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Tucker and Sherrard
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:20:03 PM »
I know some are interested in these. Went to a gun show in Allentown, PA this weekend and there was a consecutive pair of Tucker and Sherrard Dragoons, each in its own wooden display case, APPEARED NIB. They were set back from the front of the table and it was difficult to read the description and there was no price tag. Place was really crowded, was difficult to move around and there was a nice selection of NIB second gen Colts(one was an absolutely gorgeous cased Walker), so it was hard to take everything in. Sorry I didn't get the dealers card for those who might be interested in the Dragoons, but they are doing the same show again on Mothers Day.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Tucker and Sherrard
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »
Did you happen to notice the prices on the 2nd Gen Colt's? In particular the 1851 Navy, if they had one?

There is a local gun show here that I have been to twice. The first time they had two or three 2nd Gens(I think it was 2 1860 Army's and 1 1851 Navy) at $400 each. The second time they had only one 2nd Gen, an 1860 Army and it was $600.

Offline Fox Creek Kid

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 108

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:39:34 PM »

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 08:20:11 AM »
Lonesome Pigeon, everything seemed to be priced at $600 and up. I think that Walker I mentioned was $795. One 2nd gen. 51 Navy was $575 but I don't think it was NIB. After the show we went to the local Cabelas. They have a seperate room for the higher end stuff. One 2nd gen 51 Navy was also selling for $575, but it showed definite wear. This particular Cabelas usually has a few of these 2nd & 3rd guns and I don't remember seeing anything under $500. If you passed on those guns at $400 you may not find a similar deal. Last year I came across a NIB 2nd gen stainless 1860 Army from an estate sale. Long story short I got it for $440. Felt really lucky.
By the way, at that same show we saw quite a few British Bulldogs. It was like every table had one. Thought maybe someone had invaded England or something. Nice little guns. Too bad no one makes a copy.
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com