Author Topic: Can one just visit Taylor's & Co?  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Can one just visit Taylor's & Co?
« on: January 16, 2016, 08:01:10 AM »
Good morning all,

So I'm taking the wife on a quick trip to see Shenandoah National Park and some of the surrounding area for her birthday in April, and she asked if there was anything I wanted to do while we were there (besides see some Civil War sites, which is, thank God, something we both enjoy). I mentioned that I wanted to drop by Taylor's & Co if possible. However, I've realized that I have no idea if they have a store/show room at all, and I don't know if they allow walk-ins. I certainly don't want to show up and browse only to realize I'm wasting someone's time, you know? Anyways, if anyone knows about these issues and is willing to share, I'd be very appreciative.

Thank you kindly,
Jake
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: Can one just visit Taylor's & Co?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
They are in a run of low warehouses , the front door opens to a small wait area and the Girls desks just beyond.
I've been there twice.
They will show you what they have in stock per piece
( example: , 51 Navy , if they have 9 they'll bring out a few and let you select )

They don't offer to take you back in the warehouse... so unless you plan to buy , and want to select, there is nothing really to see.
Sorry
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:25:43 AM »
No worries at all, precisely what I wanted to know. Now I won't just show up there and look like a jackass. Do you know of any good stores in the area that'd stock a lot of those kinds of firearms?
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 02:27:29 PM »

Offline Poodleshooter

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 11:52:20 PM »
You won't look like a jackass. They have a storefront set up just for the purpose of selling in Winchester. It's basically a nice little gunshop inside, stuffed to the gills with CAS firearms and accessories.
If you time the visit for their various deal weekends, or weekends in which they're selling at Northern VA gunshows, you can often get deal better than list price.
When I go, I don't even visit other local stores. While there are good gunshops in Winchester (including great places for BP), if you're going for CAS stuff, just visit Taylors. You'll spend enough time in there, trust me.
What you see is basically what they have; whether you're buying online or at the Winchester facility. They order in big runs from Uberti et al, so if it's not there at the warehouse, they won't have it until Uberti ships it from Italy.

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 06:54:36 AM »
Oh really? Fantastic! I didn't know there was a storefront area. Great news for me, bad news for the wife (we're gonna end up spending A LOT of time in Winchester.) Poodleshooter, thank you. You're a hero.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 09:00:33 AM »
Nor did I,  last there in 2001 , I did see the Girls at both the 07 & 09 Shot Shows in Orlando.
 Course mention of the retail shop did not come up.
I buy via Phone call , last purchase was in 2014 , New Mod 3 S&W
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Jake C

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 09:14:30 AM »
Major, beautiful pistol. I'd love to have a NM No. 3, they're just so elegant looking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com