Author Topic: Help ordering from accurate molds  (Read 2030 times)

Offline nativeshootist

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Help ordering from accurate molds
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:46:23 AM »
I need help ordering from accurate molds, I have a rough idea how. I made an order but don't want too continue unless I know its right. I have a 2 cavity aluminum mold that is 2.35ins. Now is the too small of a mold?

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
Re: Help ordering from accurate molds
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 03:49:04 AM »
The best person to answer your question is Tom at Accurate molds. He will have the answers. I have ordered from Accurate molds very good quality product . IMHO  ,,,,,DT

Offline River City John

• NCOWS Senator
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Covert
  • NCOWS #: L-146
  • GAF #: 275
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 08:00:42 AM »
As have I. Three molds, so far.

He will machine the correct size block depending on the caliber and type of slug, plus number of cavities, that you put down on the order.

Ask him what is the optimum configuration for what you want. The catalog can be overwhelming, with lots of choices and different weights or grooves, etc. Let him know what you're going after in the design. General cowboy shooting, target or precision shooting, plinking, hunting . . .he has designs for them all. Black powder or Smokeless?  Also, may help to slug your barrel(s) to get an idea of diameter you should be ordering.

Excellent products. And be patient. He is reliable, but kept busy. Quality sells.

Mold bodies are not huge blocks of metal. You want to be able to get them to proper heat quickly so as to keep a steady rythum when bullet molding day comes. Aluminum is a good choice. Be sure to "candle" the interior before cast. Putting a light layer of soot smoke from a poorly trimmed candle wick acts as a mold release.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:55:11 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com