Author Topic: January 2016 Coffee is up  (Read 40924 times)

Online pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: January 2016 Coffee is up
« Reply #140 on: January 27, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »
Thanks, RussT. Mornin coffee time's over now, having a glass of tea while taking a break from wood cutting. Clear and cool, supposed to be upper 40's later.

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #141 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »
Cloudy and cold today.  Got the Jeep back yesterday, but the mysterious issue of not starting didn't occur for the mechanic.  She has started about a dozen times since then for me.  I'm not confident that she fixed herself.  She may get traded in on a newer model.  So, if you go to buy a used Jeep, and it is green with an American Flag emblem on the driver's side....buyer beware!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2016, 11:38:15 AM »
When it not start, what are the symthoms?  No start or no turn over the engine at all?  Got an idea.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #143 on: Today at 06:53:33 AM »

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:25 PM »
35  here, cloudy. Guesser's are saying possible snow overnight. Inch or less :-\
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2016, 03:21:28 PM »
When it not start, what are the symthoms?  No start or no turn over the engine at all?  Got an idea.

Del,

It just goes "click"... It doesn't even turnover the starter.  When she starts, like she has been doing since paying for the tow truck bill, it is just like it is suppose to be....no drag at all.

Mechanic listed several things it could be...a bad spot on the starter was one of them.  A co-worker suggested cleaning up the grounds...one on frame and one on the engine...to see if that helps.  Right now, since I'm about 30 miles from my local mechanic, and 15 miles in the boondocks, I'm leaving well enough alone!  When I get home is the time to piddle with it.

Any leads are greatly appreciated!  She is almost paid for, and in really good shape...when she starts...
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »
OK whne you went "click" you should have looked at the volt meter and seen if it went down to ) or turned on the dome light and seen if it went clear out, if so, it would mean you were not getting enough voltage. 

If not, then it likely would be a bad starter or the relay.   

Clean the ground cables, esp the other end where it grounds from the battery and where there is one from the engine to the frame, clean that and the connections on the starter.   

If it does it again grab your hammer you carry and crawl under it and beat on the case of the starter and see if that helps.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Silver Creek Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 2329
  • GAF #: 144
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 104
« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2016, 07:11:05 PM »
It is good to beat the starter when someone is holding the ignition switch on start. That is what we had to do to get the suburban to start before the starter was replaced last week.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2016, 07:24:17 PM »
I 6 Auto ?   Mine was, turned out to be the ignition lock out on the Transmission. it would sometimes not engage when in PARK

2002 Wrangler Sport
when planets align...do the deal !

Online pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2016, 08:38:19 PM »
I 6 Auto ?   Mine was turned out to be the ignition lock out on the Transmission. it would sometimes not engage when in PARK

2002 Wrangler Sport
If it was the Neutral safety switch, it most likely wouldn't click. You don't have to really beat the starter, just tap it with the hammer. I've had several starters that got that bad. Easiest one to deal with was the Taurus, starter was only about a foot behind the front bumper.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2016, 09:25:51 PM »
No click with the safety switch is right, why I was trying to find out what it does.  Have a similar problem with The Field Marshall and before on The General,  turn the key, nothing happens, I'm in neutral left foot on the brake, right on the gas with my heel, trying to toe the starter as I turn the key. ::)   Old ingrained habits die hard, learned to drive on a 53 Dodge 1/2 ton when about 12.  LOL    After 10 years of one with a safety switch in the clutch I am doing it less and less.    ;D

And no, a good tap will often work but a good whack makes you feel better.   :P

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Online pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2016, 06:15:56 AM »
I'm in neutral left foot on the brake, right on the gas with my heel, trying to toe the starter as I turn the key. ::)   Old ingrained habits die hard, learned to drive on a 53 Dodge 1/2 ton when about 12.  LOL   

I learned the same dance, but with a '54 Chevy. Then when I went to the Army, had to learn a new one, push the clutch with your left heel, so your left toe can reach the starter button on an M151 Jeep.

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2016, 07:04:09 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 34 and overcast. "Cloudy. Snow showers in the morning. Rain also possible in the morning. Then scattered flurries in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the middle 30s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent."

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2016, 07:34:40 AM »
Thank you good folks for the tips!  She is still running fine.  I have tomorrow off, and I plan to clean the ground connections.
BTW, yes, she is an automatic...2009 Wrangler. 
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2016, 11:08:36 AM »
Thank you good folks for the tips!  She is still running fine.  I have tomorrow off, and I plan to clean the ground connections.
BTW, yes, she is an automatic...2009 Wrangler. 

In my day we called them slop boxes or slip-o-matics, but they have came a long ways.    ;)
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2016, 11:32:36 AM »
I had a manual the first 4 or so years that I lived in Houston.  The last 30 to 40 minutes of my commute was stop and go traffic on a freeway.  It was a good workout for the left leg...but made me lopsided!
Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2016, 11:42:47 AM »
37, WC 26 here, with sun. Guesser's are saying snow tonight, maybe an inch ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2016, 06:13:31 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 0 and clear. High of 25.

Slim

Offline Four-Eyed Buck

• Top Active Citizen
  • Tusco LongRiders,
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2016, 03:15:26 PM »
Had to go out early and spread salt. We got a bit more than they predicted,plus there was some ice under it. The truck had to go for servicing as well. while there,  they found the tranny cooling lines were leaking, so it was down for the rest of the day. We used our personal vehicles to finish the day out. ::)

Currently 29, broken clouds ::)

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2016, 07:28:11 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Might go the "toy" store this morn.

'Tis 30 and overcast. High of 40.

Slim

• Buckaroo
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2016, 07:49:44 AM »
Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 33 and overcast. "Light rain likely in the morning...Then light rain and snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the upper 30s. Light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent."

NWS
Winter Storm Watch
Start: Sun 4:20 am End: Wed 3:00 pm

Urgent - Winter Weather message

National Weather Service Green Bay WI

420 AM CST Sun Jan 31 2016

...Heavy Snow and blowing are Snow expected to Impact the area Tuesday through Wednesday...

.a Winter storm approaching the Great Lakes region from The Plains is expected to bring heavy Snow and blowing Snow to the area starting on Tuesday. The exact path of the storm remains Uncertain...As is the Location of the heaviest snowfall...But it does look like most of the area will receive at least 6 inches of accumulation. Blowing Snow can be expected as winds Increase. Even though the Snow should wind down by the Daylight hours on Wednesday blowing Snow will continue to cause problems into Wednesday afternoon. It appears that the storm will have a significant Impact on travel...And should be increasing in intensity during the afternoon commute on Tuesday.

Vilas-Oneida-Forest-Florence-Northern Marinette County-Lincoln- Langlade-Menominee-Northern Oconto County-door-Marathon-Shawano- Wood-Portage-Waupaca-outagamie-Brown-Kewaunee-waushara-Winnebago- Calumet-Manitowoc-Southern Marinette County- Southern Oconto County- including the cities of...Lac Du Flambeau...Eagle River... Rhinelander...Crandon...Aurora...Commonwealth...Fence... Florence...Long Lake...Spread Eagle...Tipler...Niagara... Wausaukee...Merrill...Tomahawk...Antigo...Keshena...Neopit... Breed...Klondike...Lakewood...Mountain...Townsend... Whitefish Bay...Wausau...Weston...Shawano...Marshfield... Wisconsin Rapids...Stevens Point...Plover...New London... Waupaca...Clintonville...Weyauwega...Appleton...Green Bay... Kewaunee...Luxemburg...Silver Lake...Wautoma...Redgranite... Plainfield...Wild Rose...Oshkosh...Neenah...Menasha...Chilton... New Holstein...Brillion...Hilbert...Manitowoc...Two Rivers... Marinette...Peshtigo...Oconto...Oconto Falls...Gillett 420 AM CST Sun Jan 31 2016

Slim

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com