Author Topic: California cops can confiscate legally owned guns.  (Read 2855 times)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
California cops can confiscate legally owned guns.
« on: December 30, 2015, 08:42:33 AM »
Howdy,

I don't quite know where to post this, but I found it alarming and a threat to our chosen sport.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/29/california-gun-law-will-let-police-confiscate-legally-owned-weapons/

Please take time to inform yourselves and comment.  Moderators, if this thread should be some place else, please move it there.

Dick Dastardly
SASS 45219
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: California cops can confiscate legally owned guns.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Read this on the Canadian Firearms Digest. I recommend that you subscribe to this forum as the discussion is greater than what happens here. There are several international subscribers. We are kept apprised of the current situations in the US, UK, Australia, Europe, etc.

Same same our side of the DMZ.

When we re-new our permits to own property that we've owned for decades before the legislation or when contacting the Canadian Firearms Centre for a handgun transfer, there is a "spousal concern" call option.

A woman simply has to express a concern about you owning firearms and your firearms are seized. You may or may not get them back, depending on the history and previous issues.

This came about as policy years ago after a woman was murdered after her estranged husband's guns were seized and subsequently returned. A serving member of the rcmp showed up at a CAS event when this became policy and showed us the document from the policy manual.

A spiteful neighbour could do the same thing. We are all vulnerable. A friend (a licenced trapper) has had a 5 year firearms ban imposed on him as a result of an argument with a cantankerous neighbour during which NO firearms were used or threatened.

I'm not sure what would apply in the case where both the husband and wife have firearms as presumably one would be able to access the firearms of the other.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 03:31:05 PM »
Just one more inevitable nail in the collective coffin.  That it has come to pass in California, under the administration presently in office there is no surprise.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:16:13 AM »

Offline Green River Powell aka RonC

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 05:37:17 PM »
There is some truth and quite of bit of misinformation about this. It popped up on Breibart and comments on Breibart often come up as mistaken or even nonsense. I went to several of the rumor evaluators (not Snopes) and found this.

"Viral rumors about a California gun law taking effect on January 1, 2016, are both truth and fiction.

It’s true that a California gun law that goes into effect in January will allow police to seize guns from their owners for up to 21 days if a court agrees that a gun owner is a threat to themselves or others.

But reports that President Obama is behind the effort are untrue. Reports that guns could be taken without notice are also untrue. And the new gun violence restraining order bill (Assembly Bill 1014) has commonly been confused with California’s Armed & Prohibited Persons System (APPS), which has been on the books since 2001."

One site, "Truth or Fiction" has the whole bill that passed the legislature that you can read for yourself.

Ron
Ron

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2016, 07:29:07 AM »
I wish someone would have had the authority to step in and take Adam Lanza's access to firearms away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com