Author Topic: Pietta G&G: bought one, returned it immediately.  (Read 5028 times)

Offline Cowtown

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 85193
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
Pietta G&G: bought one, returned it immediately.
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
Cabela's online purchase shipped to the local store...

Picked up my new Pietta Gunnison and Griswold today and inspected it before I ever left the pick up counter... And so glad I did.

The gun would not function at all. No half cock position, no full cock position. It had something of a 3/4 cocked position that would allow for a trigger pull of some kind, some of the time, with force. Cylinder loose on arbor. Scratches on brass frame, ugly wood on grip... I can go on. It never left the store. I showed the salesman the issues and Cabela's promptly issued a full refund.

I bought the G&G online and had it shipped to my local Cabela's just so I could inspect it before taking possession of it. Too bad it was such a lemon. I wanted to get my Cullen Bohannon groove on...

So far my Pietta Remington NMA 1858s have been great though.  ;D

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pietta G&G: bought one, returned it immediately.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
You have to ask how they leave the factory in this state.
 ???
Buffalochip

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:26:50 PM »
Gee the one I picked up at the north Fort Worth store works perfectly. Maybe it was the one you ordered. I swapped in Treso nipples and it shoots point of aim with 16grs 3Fg and a little shot of grits filler. Most likely the problem with the one you turned back was a Pietta 'gorilla driven' barrel wedge binding the works.
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:35:32 AM »

Offline Cowtown

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 85193
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 03:59:48 PM »
I'm going to keep looking for a good one. It's just one of those "must haves" for the collection. I ain't not given up on 'em.  ;D

Problem is, my local Cabela's does not carry the G&G model.

Offline Johnson Barr

• Berger Sharpshooters, KVC, Blue River Regulators #129, Johnson County Rangers, GAF
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS Life, NCOWS Merchant
    • J Barr Texas
  • NCOWS #: L-173
  • GAF #: 830
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 01:00:47 PM »
I ordered mine on-line with free shipping to my local store. Still had to pay the state sales tax though. The occasional trip to rummage through the Bargain Cave and a stop at Railhead BBQ for brisket and ice cold Ziegenbach makes for a nice afternoon.
"Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading"  -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »
I picked up a G&G a while back, ordered online with my Cabelas points and had it shipped to the store. Everything seems fine on it although I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com