Author Topic: WHAT A CHRISTMAS!!!  (Read 1895 times)

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WHAT A CHRISTMAS!!!
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:45:16 AM »
What a week! Fantastic time meeting two new grandkids, Dylan and Mabel....Enjoying Christmas on the left coast with son Seth and daughter Angela and their families. Visiting the amazing Blackhawk Museum and the newly renovated Peterson Museum. If you are a car nut, these are both a MUST SEE! BTW, The Blackhawk Museum has a whole floor dedicated to the settling of the west. Simply mind blowing fantastic displays. Huge 3D diorama depicting the entire settling of the west. Lots on the buffalo hunts and Little Big Horn. And on the first floor an amazing, huge,  HO Train layout. If you are anywhere near San Francisco it is worth a detour!
The adventure of buying my wife Karen a new car on a whim...Walking out of Starbucks a BMW 550i with a sign on the window..Must Sell- Best Offer...we followed, test drove , offered, accepted, sold! Been looking for this model for a while. Now just need to figure out how to get it back to Massachusetts! ROAD TRIP!!
.....And then trying to get home! Los Angeles to Chicago then to Providence RI. Plane can't land in Chicago due to weather. Circle for an hour (incredible turbulence!) and land in Cleveland. No flights to Providence or Boston from Cleveland or Chicago until Friday!!! Are you freak'n kidding me! Rent a Jeep Cherokee and drive 10 hours to our apartment in NJ on icy roads at 28-32 degrees. Sometime going as slow as 35 mph. Double FedEx trailer truck jack knifes in front of us and flips over...Hope you weren't waiting for anything being shipped on that truck!.Get to NJ at 1:30am.....Up in the AM and drive 3 hours to PVD airport to get our car and then home to Dartmouth......."The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is your attitude!"...This was a great adventure! Happy New Year Everyone!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1153
Re: WHAT A CHRISTMAS!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 03:40:59 PM »
Greetings My Good Roy -

congrats on your adventure, I am heartened that you made it thru intact & well. It seems these days that with the insane weather
and complete dependence upon the "hub system" air travel is a throw of the dice.

Altho with blizzards closing interstates, I guess everything is up in the air. At one time I considered trying rail, but who wants to be stuck in an Amtrack sardine tin when blizzards or mechanical issues close the track....

good luck in the coming year and please keep your project reports coming as I am following them with great interest.

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com