Author Topic: model 92 loadi8ng problems????  (Read 5349 times)

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
model 92 loadi8ng problems????
« on: November 14, 2015, 01:20:40 PM »
Went out shooting a Rossi 92 44 mag. today ,,,everything going great fired around 20 rounds then my son in law went to load a round it would not slide into the mag tube,,,I thought the magg spring plug was jammed ,,,but nope!,,,,Plug moves freely,,,it seems as if the round is hitting somewhere off to the side of the mag tube and stopping the round from going into the mag. tube.
I am using jhp that fed great until all of a sudden they will not load???.
Any ideas what it could be?

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: model 92 loadi8ng problems????
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 12:05:35 AM »
Fixed it!,,
The screw holding the cap on the mag. tube came loose just enough to clear it's threads in the barrel.
Under recoil the tube moved forward enough enough that a loaded round would hit the shoulder of the frame instead of going into the mag. Tapped tube back with mallet and made sure screw was seated properly,,,,everything is good to go again.

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
Oh...... Sure.  Go ahead.  Fix it yourself.  Deny "us" the opportunity to put fourth two or three pages of supposition, none of which will
fix the problem.  You've probably denied us a hour of gainful time waisting, rather than watching boring football.   :o

Go to your corner.  Wash your mouth out with Chocolate.  Learn your lesson well. ::) ;D

Coffinmaker

PS:  I actually hate 92s  :P

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:41:53 AM »

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 08:17:01 PM »
Sorry there Coffinmaker,,but I gave you all over ten hours to figure it out,, Do you not realize just how important I think I am?  ;D
I was expecting answers within second from hitting the post button,,,and maybe offers of new guns being sent to me out of you all feeling sorry for me and my busted gun! :'(,,But Noooooooooooooo,,,I had to figure it out my own self,,,I only hope you all are ashamed of yourselves for turning your back on a fellow CAS shooter in dire straights,,, if it would ease the guilt I am sure you all are feeling ,,I will gladly accept any rifles ,handguns , or ammo as a token of a heart felt apology,,,  nah.. just kidding,,you can just send money and all will be forgiven. ;)

Offline Pettifogger

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 11:35:21 PM »
Hey it ain't our fault you have a loose screw.   ;D

Offline willy

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 08:13:50 AM »
Hey it ain't our fault you have a loose screw.   ;D

::)... ;D

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 10:53:37 AM »
On the subject of loose screws...on the M92, not on the owner...it is important to periodically check the screws, especially on the action, and particularly the ones holding the cartridge guides. They have a tendency to vibrate loose under repeated recoil, in spite of how little there is.  Using some of the non-permanent Lok-Tite or some clear nail polish on the threads can also prevent the loosening.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 06:26:29 PM »
Actually, atz quite true.  Purple or Blue LocTite.  Just don't see myself at a match, pulling out a bottle of finger nail polish.  Ah, NO.

Coffinmaker

Offline Popa Kapoff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 07:17:35 AM »
Hope you but a drop of Loc-titer on that screw.
Till we meet keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com