Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 3447 times)

Offline danceswithwolves49

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Guy
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »
Howdy y'all[. Just joined up sao thought I'd fill y'all in on who I am and where I come from. I presently live in Kalispell, Montana and have been reenacting the Battle of The Little Big Horn since 2001. I got involved in it due to the oldest of my 2 younger brothers who unfortunately passed away in Sept of 2012. Since then I have bween reenacting with my youngest brother and also with my wife since we got married in 2005.
   In the Little Big Horn reenactment I portray 1st Sgt Michael Kenny whom it turns out I may be related to in addition I may also be related to General Custer. Since starting reenacting with my "Little brother" I portray US Marshall Reb Ward a name I garnered from my Great great grandfather who's name was John W. Ward and served in Comp[any B of the 5th Tennessee Cavalry CSA. I have been looking for a pair of mule ear boots to wear with my US Marshalll getup. The cavalry boots work ok but I'd like something a bit different for the civilian part of reenacting. The weaponry wqe use are a Henry big boy in .45 Colt. A Cimarron repro 73 Colt SAA in .45 Colt and a reproduction C1871 Colt Open Top in .45 Colt and lastly a Rossi Ranch Hand in .45 Colt. If anyone knows where I can ghet the mule ear boots I would grresatly appreciate it thank you.

Offline Tornado

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 39
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »
Welcome!  I love my boots that I got from 'The Fort'
https://www.fortbrands.com/old-west-boots/

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »
Welcome!  I love my boots that I got from 'The Fort'
https://www.fortbrands.com/old-west-boots/

If they have any left they are limited in sizes, I am no longer working there so not sure on stock.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:12:08 PM »

Offline danceswithwolves49

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 03:57:02 PM »
[/b] Thanks guys but unfortunately they are out of stock. I was told by the folks at Fort Brands that they are looking for a new manufacturer but had no luck sas of when I contacted them. I did offer sa few suggestionsa for a new supplier but no clue as to wether or not that panned out. In the meantime I will jusat keep looking.

Offline Delmonico

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 04:02:07 PM »
[/b] Thanks guys but unfortunately they are out of stock. I was told by the folks at Fort Brands that they are looking for a new manufacturer but had no luck sas of when I contacted them. I did offer sa few suggestionsa for a new supplier but no clue as to wether or not that panned out. In the meantime I will jusat keep looking.

Well they told me when they let me go after 15 years I wasn't needed anymore because they are getting out of the Old West clothing, so I wouldn't hold my breath.   

Give these folks a hollor, good people and friends of mine, tell them I sent you.

http://stores.worknranch.com/mens-clothing/
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
when planets align...do the deal !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com