Author Topic: Acceptability of Reproduction Sharps .45-70 Carbine  (Read 20568 times)

1961MJS

Re: Acceptability of Reproduction Sharps .45-70 Carbine
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »
MJS, I started an expansion era stage once with a Win '94 30-30, with 50 rounds and I used-50 rounds. Forgot to change to my special "shooting prescription" glasses and darned if the sights just didn't totally disappear! I think I had to sneak up on a couple of rifle targets with my 1911 to finish.

Hi, my eye doctor in Kansas is also a pistol coach, he took over when I left.  I have Hobby Glasses.
Mike

1961MJS

Re: Acceptability of Reproduction Sharps .45-70 Carbine
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »
Hi

I got the Vernier on the gun, and sighted it in at 75 yards, I'll work in 100 when I go work on the groups.  I also had Steve put a small screw on the original ladder sight's slide.  It seems to work well.  I did better with the glasses this time, not sure what the different was.  My plan is to take the Vernier off to compete with, at some point I hope to get another Sharps or 1885 Winchester to go under it. 

Hi

A quick update on the Cavalry Sharps.  The screw that Steve put in the ladder sight didn't do much.  I was using the original sight at 50 yards while working up a load and I FINALLY noticed that I was getting vertical stringing because the slide was bouncing out to the end every once in a while.  I ordered a new sight from Dixie Gun Works that is for an original Sharps, but it looks like the same size.  I hope it works.  The review on the Sporter version said that the slide does actually stick where you. put it, AND the guy had put the sight on a Pedersoli so I have hopes.  I believe I have a load worked up at 36.8 grains of IMR3031. 

On a side note, I still have burnt powder husks in the barrel and I went from starting load to max load for a 405 grain Lead round nose flat point in the Lyman book.  See y'all in a few weeks.

Later

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com