Author Topic: 56-56 ammunition  (Read 2724 times)

Offline Cal 100

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
56-56 ammunition
« on: September 28, 2015, 12:45:12 PM »
Would anyone be interested in possibly reloading some 56-56 ammo for me? Obviously not for free. Contact me at jeffdunwoody@yahoo.com if you'd be willing to help me out. Thanks.

Offline pakm

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: 56-56 ammunition
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »
where you AT? I can load 56-50 but it takes a while . I wan't take money but we can work out something!
Dirty McPill

Offline Walksfire

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 11:20:27 AM »
I had PM'd him but did not get a response. What are the laws concerning reselling Ammo and mailing it. I guess the ATF has rules to follow..

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:17:52 PM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 02:53:12 PM »
I had PM'd him but did not get a response. What are the laws concerning reselling Ammo and mailing it. I guess the ATF has rules to follow..

I believe that BATF regs require anyone who reloads for someone else, whether for pay or not must have a federal manufacturer's license. I may be wrong, but that was my understanding. It would be okay for a friend to drop over and use my equipment to load, with my suggestions and supervision, so long as he/she actually does the loading! Somebody with more definite information should comment here, or else check with BATF.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline Snakeeater

• Top Active Citizen
  • B-3-11 SFG (ABN)
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »
It's not just loading ammunition, it affects all ammunition components. It includes the cartridge cases, primers, bullets or propellant powder for use in any firearm other than an antique firearm. But you would require a manufacturer of ammunition license, FFL type 06 to manufacture bullets for sale and the same applies to loading ammunition for sale, barter, etc.

The "rub" also concerns the "antique firearm". In discussions with ATF&E about whether the current exemption that applies to "antique firearms" that use metallic cartridge "fixed" ammunition but that is obsolete and not currently available from commercial dealers, as the number of new dealers in center-fire ammunition for Spencers and other similar rifles increases, ATF&E plans to develop new rules to apply to center-fire conversions of antique firearms by removing the current exemption, rendering them as "modern firearms" because they use modern, commercially available ammunition.
First Cousin (Six times removed) to BGen Isaac (Stand Firm) Uwatie,  Principal Chief of the Cherokee Nation, 1862-1866

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com