Author Topic: Cimarron Model P NM and Stoeger STD Uberti Cattleman  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Cimarron Model P NM and Stoeger STD Uberti Cattleman
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2015, 02:38:08 PM »
Abilene thanks for your help and comments.  But this posting has gone off from what I was looking for.  I am not trying to bash Cim.  If anyone it would be Beretta for creating something other than what Cim has worked hard to create and present to (us) its CAS clients.

Thank you,
Black River Smith

Offline Professor Marvel

• purveyor of useless items to the gentry
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • learn from the past, or be doomed to repeat it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1118
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2015, 03:20:48 PM »
My Dear Monsiuer Smith-

please be assured we are not deliberately messing with you.

With the variations that do come out of Italy, ( esp from year to year) and the different angles of photography across the vendor sites,
you may actually find minor variations in the actual measured length of both barrels and housings across  samples of the same revolver from the same maker.

In order to get exactly what you want, Your best bet might be to physically visit a bunch of vendors and pick through what they have.

My experience is primarily in the C&B revolvers but In The Past Italian revolvers were extensively hand-fitted and differences were extensive, even in the cartridge guns. Recent improvements in their machinery ( for which I am actually quite grateful) have led to more consistency, uniformity and better quality. Cartridge guns are pretty darn good out of the box, ( for their price) and at least the parts in Cap Guns ( ie Parts Kits) are now actually interchangeable. :-)

I hate to say this but you may not be certain of what you will get unless you have several samples physically in hand at a gunstore
or two and can actually measure things with a good steel machinists' rule and viewed through a powerful lens, and record the results.
Or just sort thru them until you find what you want.

Unfortunately "it is what is is" ; what comes in is what we get; and we are actually lucky to be able to get the wide assortment of features that we do at a reasonable price and pretty darn good quality.

When I can get to my "piles-o-parts" I could measure what ejector housings I have and post the results for you, but the problem then is actually identifying "what the heck I have" since I acquire parts lots cheaply and nearly nothing is marked :-(

Now, if you buy a new revolver and cannot abide by the housing length,  If you can convince a person in a parts house such as VTI to physically measure ejector housings for you , you might be able to find one long enough, or get one that is longer and have it trimmed down.

If you have the revolver of your desire in hand and the ejector housing is not to your liking, it is entirely possible you may find a sympathetic smith who is willing to spend the time ( ie time == money ) to "find" a housing which is to your satisfaction, or even "grow one"  a little longer for you.

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant
~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

45 Dragoon

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 06:29:41 AM »
And . . . . . .  
Look at the "Swell" on the front side of the grip (directly behind the tg). It almost looks like they were going to make it a finger grip!!! Don't like that at all!!!  Also, the inconsistent blueing near the end of the barrel. You can see a line where it gets darker !!!!  The whole gun even looks a little "fuzzy"!!   :-\   ;)

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 03:26:56 AM »

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »
Well, it's simple really.  2015 build guns are, 2015 build guns.  All the parts that come out of production with a detail change, go to build guns.  Only at the end of a "run" are parts also made for those specific gun details.  It may well take a year to 18 months for those parts to ship.  That leaves NOS parts in the hands of the supplier and the importers. 
there may well be NOS parts on the shelves.  I'd suggest you measure your ejector housings, good and bad, ant then query VTI, EMF, Taylors and Cimarron if they happen to have two housings of the preferred dimensions.
then there is the option, of asking Abilene, who had been known to lurk about Cimarron to tell Mike Harvy what your problem is and have him go to Uberti and have it corrected to your satisfaction.

I personally have not heard anyone complaining about the length of the Ejector Housings on Uberti's.  None of my fellow Gunsmiths have
ever hinted at replacing Ejector Housings because someone thought they were too long or too short.  Unless they were making a completely custom gun with odd barrel dimensions.

Good luck with your quest.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com