Author Topic: The Pope and the Black Arts  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Hambone Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Pope and the Black Arts
« on: September 24, 2015, 09:49:25 AM »
I think the Pope is a big fan of the Black Arts. Here is my faultless reasoning.

1) His little Fiat is a hatchback which makes loading and unloading his guncart and equipment easier.
2) Popes are not against firearms since Popes thru out history have been at the head of his Army.
3) The Vatican has been a customer of Beretta since Thursday July 10th 1518.
4) Since he is from Argentina, he paper patches rounds for his Mauser when he is out with the Gauchos on the plains of Patagonia sitting around the campfire cooking beef in dutch ovens.
5) Since he lives over in Italy, he frequently stops in at Peredersoli to check out the new repros they are developing.
6) His latest tweets mention he wonders why no one in SASS dresses as a Gaucho of the 1870's.
7) I believe he doesn't like Rugers since their design is not authentic which makes him a Colt design and NCOWS kind of guy.

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: The Pope and the Black Arts
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 10:15:51 AM »
One thing wrong in the above .....

The Argentine Rolling block was chambered in .43 Spanish which used grease groove bullets, not paper patched.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline Hambone Dave

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 01:37:02 PM »
I figured he used his Argentine Mauser from the Peron days, not a Roller. One can paper patch most any cartridge except the .22 rimfires as that would be too tedious.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:07:02 AM »

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 03:11:23 PM »
2) Popes are not against firearms since Popes thru out history have been at the head of his Army.

Not sure this one holds up, considering who our current commander in chief is .....

Offline PJ Hardtack

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 03:51:36 PM »
Things change. Popes once had wives as well.

Now the church operates facilities world wide for priests that have found celibacy unworkable.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 03:38:44 AM »
If you visit Rome when the pope is making, or has made an appearance, you will see the Swiss Guard........you think we dress up for Cowboy Action?????? Their Magnificent. The guy we spoke to(someone was ill), was like a paratrooper. No firearms though, however, start looking for the other Swiss Guard dressed in suits. They are armed, sometimes toting that beretta machine pistol. I didn't see any SAA or under lever anywhere. 😀😀😀😀😎😎😎

Offline pony express

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 06:41:21 AM »
I would LOVE to get in the Swiss Guard's arms room! I've seen some pictures before, they have all the weapons ever used by them still there.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com