Author Topic: Traditions Frontier Model  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Black River Smith

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Traditions Frontier Model
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:25:24 PM »
Looking for comments from people that own or have handled this transfer bar model.  How is the quality of this Pietta model compared to the traditional firing pin Pietta models?  Have you had any issues?

I am interested in having a SAA to fire the 44 caliber series.  I see that Cheaper than dirt has a 44Mag version of this revolver.  I have missed out on the Cabela's $350 sale, for their version of a Pietta 44mag, for the second time.

So, it is this or buying Uberti and lose the mag case option (do not like the looks of the Callahan).  I do like the Uberti quality.

Anyone know of any other options out there in this market (no Rugers)?
Black River Smith

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Traditions Frontier Model
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 01:22:23 PM »
I had one in .357 Magnum that I really liked. Quality was good, a few sharp edges but that was the only issues I had with it. If you can find one for a good price, I'd say go for it. It's a solid sixgun.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:04:04 PM »
Thanks for the comments.

Looks like you are the only person to own one.
Black River Smith

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:52:19 AM »

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
Thanks for the comments.

Looks like you are the only person to own one.

I believe Mike Beliveau uploaded a video of one on his youtube channel, Duelist1954. He really liked it (I jumped on mine after watching his video). In his Guns of the Old West article on it, he went more in depth with his review. I'll try to find and psot the video when I get off of work. Don't know if that helps, but there's something.
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »
Maybe I should add this, so I get more comments.

The Traditions Frontier Pietta is the same frame/body as the Cabela Pietta.  The only difference between them is standard grip frame and 1860 grip frame, respectively.

So, if you were lucky enough to buy one of the Cabella 44 mag guns then I would like to hear your comments about them, also.
Black River Smith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com