Author Topic: Pietta Paterson  (Read 25173 times)

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
Re: Pietta Paterson
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 01:36:20 PM »
Mike, I checked with VTI and they have the Pietta Patterson bolt in stock. Can you order it from where you are?
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2016, 10:24:44 PM »
VTI are normaly ok.
will wait another week as the bolt may turn up yet.
thanks
m
Buffalochip

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 11:53:08 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D
Pietta have come to the party and the bolt tured up today, to give them credit they said they would replace the part and they did.
The part needed no polishing all machine marks gone not like the one tne gun came with.
Pietta are vefy good to deal with as they answer your emails, not like two.

very hapy now gun back togeather.

Thank you Pietta.
 ;D
Buffalochip

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 05:34:53 PM »

Offline will52100

• Top Active Citizen
    • Custom Knives
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 11:36:25 AM »
Brave man, the Patterson is an overly complicated and delicate gun.  I've got 3, two pietta's and one uberti.  The uberti is the nicest of the three fit and finish wise, but the chamber is out of line with the barrel.  The two pietta's I've got shoot good, but are very poorly finished and action is rough as guts.  I keep saying I'm going to take the pietta down and go through it like your doing, but haven't gotten brave enough yet.
Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 01:12:52 PM »
A few years ago I found a Paterson belt model at a local gun shop at what seemed to be a reasonable price.
I picked it up and gave the action a try. It was like a hand full of builders sand had been dumped into the action.
I don't remember who made that particular firearm, but I do remember thinking to myself "what a piece of garbage!"
I had the same thing happen with a repro Whitey .36 cal. Navy revolver. I do remember that that revolver was made by ASM. I wanted a .36 cal. solid frame revolver to use for target shooting within the N-SSA at 25 and 50 yards.
I couldn't bring myself to spend the money on either gun, nor did I want to waist my time to try to make either work for me.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »
Yup, they are rubbish, it is back together and still need some work. Had to polish the cylinder face as it was binding on cocking. I think the bolt spring is too strong, but i dont want to play with it as i dont have another one.
I had a Uberti Paterson about twenty years ago which was a much better gun.
I am starting to belive that these Italian made guns are kits which need finishing. The are not proof fired as a complete finished  gun

The Paterson is not a hard gun to strip and work on, there are a few more parts and you have to get your head around on how it works
Bolt works the same, off the hammer stud.

Would I buy another one No,
Buffalochip

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 02:52:12 PM »
Mike,

I remember Louie Armadi of Eruroarms telling me he was working on building a La Matt revolver. He had already invested about 50,000 Italian dollars into it. (At that time that was about $60.00 US dollars ???)
I told him, that Navy Arms was just about to introduce their La Matt revolver, within 6 months to a year. Louie gave up on the idea!!!
I asked him not to give it up, but rather to wait and see which model La Matt Navy Arms/Uberti was going to come out with, and he could produce the early or late model La Matt depending on what they did.
It never went beyond that.
So much for trying to offer help to most of the Italian manufactures?
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 04:19:07 PM »
Interesting,
I have around 10 Uberti firearm at present spanning twenty years production and have owned thirty or more, add to that the ASM and Pietta guns i have had over thirty year,  the last few years guns that I have had are not as good as the older guns.
Issues with fitting, action work, sights. Just some of the isues. I will add all the rifles once actions sorted not all, shoot well. The ASM SAA still out shoot the Uberti.
It would be a pore world with out the Italian replica and I hope they carry on making good copies of classic antique guns.
Buffalochip

Offline cheatin charlie

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 04:22:35 PM »
Mike, the two happiest days in a Paterson owners life.  The day he buys them and the day he sells them.  I had a Pietta and Uberti.
Real happy when I bought them at a good price and really happy when I sold them and made money.  I took the Pietta apart and
just shook my head and put it back together.  Never took the Uberti apart.  I came to the conclusion that like  paraphrasing old
Chief Dan George talking to Josey Wales about the hard candy "Patersons are for looking not shooting"  Good luck Charlie

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »
Yes II would agree with that, I wanted one, I wanted to shoot it once and then just have it. But to shoot it was when the work started.
There are far better guns out there.
But I am glade they made a replica ;D
Buffalochip

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2017, 12:47:14 AM »
Paterson is in bits again, it seems the arm on the bolt are too short to work on the cam on the hammer, put the cylinder in the lath to take the bolt marks off and the cylinder is not round? Not too bad but these guns are more than a joke.
Bolt has had a lot of work done to it to get it to drop properly, may need a spare.
Not sure this gun will ever be a reliable range gun.
 ??? ??? :-\ :-X :-[

Buffalochip

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2017, 07:20:03 AM »
Mike,

I remember Louie Armadi of Eruroarms telling me he was working on building a La Matt revolver. He had already invested about 50,000 Italian dollars into it. (At that time that was about $60.00 US dollars ???)
I told him, that Navy Arms was just about to introduce their La Matt revolver, within 6 months to a year. Louie gave up on the idea!!!
I asked him not to give it up, but rather to wait and see which model La Matt Navy Arms/Uberti was going to come out with, and he could produce the early or late model La Matt depending on what they did.
It never went beyond that.
So much for trying to offer help to most of the Italian manufactures?
My best,
 Blair

I got in early on the Val Forgett/Navy Arms LaMat's project, I signed and paid my $100 per gun prebuild subscription
one year later, I was the owner of two Cavalry models. ( Army & Navy models were also produced )
Uberti was not involved , they were of Pietta manufacture,  as today.
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 12:49:47 AM »
Altered a Army bolt and the gun is much smoother, still the bolt drops too soon if hammer is pulled back quickly.
As far as the Italian companies are concerned, Don't sell firearms with out checking them. Also how can you proof a firearm (which is required under law) if the the gun does not work???? Interesting.

Buffalochip

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 03:25:17 PM »
Have always wanted a Paterson.  You made me feel so glad that I opted to buy the Dance Brothers Revolver at the time I was looking.  Although, not sure if you all watch Supernatural or not, but the demon killing Colt (converted Paterson) is back this season.  That makes me want to spend money again.  Starting to reread this thread.

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2017, 12:12:20 AM »
You guys in the US can try more gun than we can, if I order a gun from the dealer / importer it will take eighteen months or more to arrive if the gun is rubbish I have two options leave it or buy it and try and get it working. I have owned Uberti guns since the late seventies and have lost count how many I have owned. The new ones in the last twelve years have all had to be worked to get them to do what they are suppose to do. The work varies from being able to get the screws out with out buggering them to sorting actions and barrel alignment.
This Paterson has been the worst. I wont buy any more new guns only interested in old second hand guns at a price that suits condition.
Good luck with your search.   
Buffalochip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com