Author Topic: Vivid Mental Image  (Read 3929 times)

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Vivid Mental Image
« on: August 09, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
The neighbors down the street had a long-haired Dachshund they were thinking of getting rid of. My wife and I had a dog for 18 years before we had to put him down and said we'd never have another dog. Then, we heard about Oliver the Dachshund and my wife started talking about adopting him. He ended up going to another home which was for the best (although Iwouldn't have objected to taking him). I just couldn't help picturing my self galloping across the prairie, six-guns blazing, mounted on a miniature horse with my trusty weiner dog at my side! Maybe I could change my alias to "Yosemite Sam" javascript:void(0);
"I'm the roughest, toughest, rip-snortinest Edward F Hortonest hombre that ever crossed the Rio Grandee ... and I don't mean Mahatma Ghandi!"javascript:void(0);
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

Offline Shawnee McGrutt

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Re: Vivid Mental Image
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:54:45 PM »
When those wiener dogs rip into an ankle, you know you are done for.
National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
I have seen them wearing little orange vests driving deer in Europe.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:24:38 AM »

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:06:18 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Ankle biters they are.  I used to get attacked by three of them every month when I read the meter at a ranch.  Never hurt, just annoyed me.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 416
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 07:49:55 AM »
Vivid Mental Image (Memory)

60 years ago  :o  ol spinster lady had 3 the of the horrid little ankle biters.
Quiet back terrace neighborhood street, we rode the street & sidewalks on our Schwinn's or skates.

The ol bitc bitty would loose the little hell hounds and they'd B-line to chase & bite  >:(
Most of the time on the bikes we could out distance them.... once I have vivid memory  ;)

one of the little bastards , timed it just right and had angle on me , he was mid-bike, I was pumping to beat hell and
the timing was just right, more as a reflex I place kicked the SOB , now the combined bike speed & my kick , launched the bastard about 5 feet skyward
and as many more latterly, so's to land in a dizzying, rolling, mass wreak of nasty dog   :D

Solved 3 issues that day... A.  the ol biddy never loosed her nasty's after us again. B. if they were out, they kept their distance...
and lastly , C. We were masters of the neighborhood bike ways  ;D

It wasn't over though... My sister had a Mother cat , full of kittens , seems she was seeker of her own revenge, having been chased her own-self.  She gave messy birth to the litter, in the ol lady's fresh laundry basket.... 

We name the cat " BITTY " after the "ol bitty"   :D
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 01:11:01 PM »
We had one a number of years ago, which was a pretty good dog...until... Our (then) single, adult daughter came home from a date one night.  The dog was pretty much hers.  She came up the stairs toward her bedroom, and spoke to the dog. Apparently, the SOB (literally) was half-asleep. As she came to the top of the stairs that dog launched itself at her and bit her on the thigh and leg in three places!  She need a tetanus booster and antibiotics. The dog got a new home out in the boonies somewhere via the vet. I have a newspaper article where a teenager was stopped by a cop for a traffic violation. He took off to his house a couple of blocks away, ran inside and turned loose five (5) weiner dogs on the cop!  :o  The teen was arrested for assault on the officer, who was treated at a hospital and released. The article said the officer was able to return to work thereafter. It doesn't say whether his fellow officers were able to continue their duties for awhile...laughing themselves silly!  ;D  I imagine it was no joke to the officer.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline dwight55

• Top Active Citizen
    • Dwight's Leather Shop
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 01:50:16 PM »
I don't usually make friends with my feelings on this, . . . but far as I'm concerned, . . . wiener dogs are only good for one thing, . . . getting rid of old rope.

Tie one end around his neck, . . . the other to a rock, . . . and drop both in the nearest deep hole of water you can find.

Problems(2) solved.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 09:07:50 PM »
Don't kid your self those are tough little dogs.
They hunt badgers by going down the hole after the badger.
they also use them to run Russian boars in Germany and that is tough work.
Funniest thing in the world is to see a Russian boar weighing about 200 pounds running for his life chased by a dachshund.
Fot your information
Bunk Stagner

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 01:37:29 AM »
Stupidest dog we ever had was a Doxie we got on Okinawa from another GI family.  He had been with a few other families and when they rotated back home he got shuffled off to another family.  Poor critter never was anywhere long enough to bond and when we got him he was a total wreck.

I finally got him and worked him into something we could keep, but he was almost impossible to train.

He got out of the house one day and made his way down by the PX an got run over by pickup.

Probably for the best.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline dwight55

• Top Active Citizen
    • Dwight's Leather Shop
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:37:41 AM »
My uncle Jay was a Doxie afficionado, . . . always had one or two lurking somewhere, somehow.\

When they were pups, . . . yeah, OK, . . . but the older and fatter they seemed to get, . . . the nastier they were.  It was like they developed some kind of neurotic evil disposition.

One especially, . . . I'd a throwed her down a sink hole so fast, . . . it would have set some kind of down in the hole speed record.

Would not have one on a bet.  But it's like anything else, . . . different strokes for different folks.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »
Vivid mental image-memory.
Neighbors raised Dachshunds.  Their stud male felt he was 8 feet tall and made of steel.  Summer of 1976, I was just about to turn 10.   the Neighbors had a party and some of their family came, they raised Weimaraner (Midwest, mostly you are either German or English, or a mix, we were all German ancestry).  So, the stud weimaraner was also full of himself.   The weimaraner decided the bone the male dachshund had looked tasty.  So he trotted over, walked over the dachshund and took it.  Well, as he trotted on, the dachshund leapt up and bit into what happened to be above him at the moment, both of them in fact.  Weimaraner let out an unearthly screaming yelp, dropping the bone, and began to run.  Well, the Dachshund remained firmly attached, kicking with his bag legs to keep up.   It was mainly guys in the yard playing Jarts, drinking beer and two nearly 10 year old boys.   There were looks of horror, empathy, crossed legs, and laughter all at once.  About half way around the yard, the dachshund let go, trotted back to his bone and relaxed.  The weimaraner dropped and laid on the ground whimpering.  The owner had to do a check, that brought more laughter, but all was intact except the weimaraner's ego.  

At that point I realized it is not always about size, but tenacity has a lot to do with it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com