Author Topic: My 1858 New model Navy  (Read 4041 times)

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
My 1858 New model Navy
« on: July 17, 2015, 10:32:02 PM »
A few years back I was traveling thu Texas and spotted a gun show and on impulse pulled in out of curiousity.
came across a nice looking and nice handling little Remington model percussin .36. Right price and left with it. Turns out
it is a 1858 New Model Navy reproduction. Marked Westerners Arms and found the Uberti symbol on it. Looked up
the date code and turns out it was made in 1960. Just goes to show you that you can never predict where or
when a nice little gem will show up.

Offline hellgate

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My 1858 New model Navy
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:14:30 AM »
I found one like that in great shape for about 100 bucks with (I think)  Navy Arms on the barrel & the Uberti symbol  showing it was made in 1968. Interestingly, it had a fixed front sight instead of the dovetails I've seen on later Ubertis and the Euroarms Remingtons.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Offline treebeard

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 11:41:06 PM »
Mine came with the fixed front sight however the late and very great Tom Ball installed a dovetail tall front sight and
also a target cone for NSSA competition. As he explained it the target cone eased the ball into the rifleing and made
up for minor variations in how the charging holes lined up with the barrel.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:21:39 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com