Author Topic: Things Still Seem to be Crazy!  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
Things Still Seem to be Crazy!
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:23:46 PM »
Just noticed on GunBroker that there is an early, all Italian, USPFA revolver (listed as "USFA Pre War Model P .45LC 43/4" Barrel LNIB 45") that is currently bid at $1,799.99.  Three bids and the reserve has yet to be met.  The madness continues!
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Offline buttebob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Things Still Seem to be Crazy!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 07:50:20 PM »
Three bids, one bidder.
I sold mine in 1995 for a lot less.
I wonder where it will end?

Offline Capt. John Fitzgerald

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 08:39:26 PM »
It amazes me how much some of those early "Patent" guns go for.  The one in question is a VERY early US(Patent)FA offering with the Uberti hammer block safety.  Probably one of the first guns that were imported in the whole and then disassembled, finished and then reassembled here.  Definitely not an 1,800 gun in my opinion.
Out of curiosity, what do those among us think that this gun is really worth?  Consider it new/unfired/unturned.  How much would you pay?

If I was a dedicated, devoted, dyed-in-the-wool collector of USFA firearms and just had to have an example of each and every stage of USFA production, I might go as high as $1,200, just to have one.  Curious to see what others think.
You can't change the wind, but you can always change your sails.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:26:30 AM »

Offline buttebob

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:59 AM »
I don't remember what I sold mine for in 1995, but it was probably $250 or so. I sold a few Model 29-2's at the same time for about $250-275 with the presentation cases. The S&W is now selling in the range of $900 to $1300 used. My first notion  would be that the USPtF couldn't be worth more than $800-900, but in retrospect you may be right, $1200 for a new in the box.
After all, a used American Hat Co. 3X hat, that sells for $84 new, just sold on ebay for $93. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com