Author Topic: New Colts  (Read 8562 times)

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
New Colts
« on: June 28, 2015, 09:39:59 PM »

Betcha Beretta buys Colt.  Closes the plant and has Uberti build SAs with Colt Logos and prancing horses on em  :o

Coffinmaker

Offline Lefty Dude

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Colts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
Never Happen !

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 12:10:56 AM »
Could be the best of likely scenarios ...though Beretta is solid & solvent , I doubt they'll invest.

The scenario I see,  Colt will arrive on the Asian acquisition list , and corporate will have more Chen's than a Chinese phone book.  
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:42:11 AM »

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 12:14:40 AM »
Uberti has made them before so why not again, price will be the interesting part if it ever happens.
Buffalochip

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 07:26:28 AM »
Beretta would probably be the best option. They've already got the production line. Can you imagine tho? 1875 Remingtons, with Colt markings? Or Schofields marked Colt. Oh the irony, I can already hear Col. Sam laughing his butt off. ;D

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »
Don't laugh .......
After all these years of Bad Mouthing Uberti Reproductions (I hate the term "Clone"), Uberti could easily be making guns for Beretta, with the Colt Trade Mark.

Or ........ Kung Pow Kolt??  With two you get Egg Roll!!

Coffinmaker

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 420
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 09:50:21 PM »
Beretta would probably be the best option. They've already got the production line. Can you imagine tho? 1875 Remingtons, with Colt markings? Or Schofields marked Colt. Oh the irony, I can already hear Col. Sam laughing his butt off. ;D

Not Remington or Schofield ... but say  SAA , 1911, & 1903 Hammerless ,  the Burgess ( they already made that ) , maybe 1878 Hammered SXS,  Lightning & Thunderer all with the COLT logo and not law suit in sight  :P

ADDRESS S Colt on the C&B's 

Winchesters & Browning are made in Japan ... why not make COLT,  Italian take out ?

They're making Cadillac's in CHINA .... problem is as soon as you've driven one , and hour later you want drive some more ::)

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 361
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 11:03:53 AM »

Winchesters & Browning are made in Japan ... why not make COLT,  Italian take out ?

I've seen worse things happen. For one thing I bet Uberti/Beretta would do a better job at keeping the original design and markings on the guns than Miroku has done with the Winchester rifles.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Roscoe Coles

• Top Active Citizen
  • SSS Spencer Shotgun Resident Expert
  • SASS #: 1188
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »
I would bet dollars to donuts that the ugly new Winchesters (saftey's, cut up hammers etc.) are the result of folks at Winchester, not Miroku, who did a great job making Winchester rifles for Browning.  I think Winchester's lawyers got involved and they gave the same bright bulb who invented the crossbolt safety  for the 1894 a chance to maim some more great guns.  Honestly, winchester has had a pretty bad sense of design for its lever guns since the 1960s. 

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 12:55:02 PM »
Roscoe, they had the designs right all before 1900, nowadays it's just someone who has to prove his worth to keep his job that pushes design changes. Heck, look at the car industry; some designs barely last a year, other nameplates are radically different than what they were originally envisioned to be. All just some designer who thinks he knows better how to fix something that ain't broke.

Offline Rye Miles

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »
Uberti has made them before so why not again, price will be the interesting part if it ever happens.

The only made parts for the cap and ball Colts for awhile, Colt assembled them here.
Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
Hi Rye.

Nope.  No cigar.  Uberti made the parts for the "Colt" Cap Guns, then Colt sub-contracted the assembly and finishing out to a third party contractor.  Colt just put their name and logo on Ubertis.

Coffinmaker

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »
I think the C-Series were finished and assembled at Colt's Connecticut factory from 1971-1976 and starting in 1977 the F-Series were assembled by Iver Johnson in New Jersey, although Iver Johnson still sent the frames, loading levers and hammers to Colt for color case hardening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com