Author Topic: the Pony Express Trail at Kyburz, California 2015  (Read 3794 times)

Offline Jack Wagon

• Top Active Citizen
  • the High Sierra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
the Pony Express Trail at Kyburz, California 2015
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:14:32 AM »
Well the 2015 2,000 mile Pony Express re-ride is history. Due to a shortage of riders and trail crews we had two trails in the Sierra to do this year. Unfortunately the mail was 5 hrs late and put us in the dark again. I had borrowed a go-pro for some on trail action but it wasn't in the cards. We spent 3 days clearing the Kyburz trail removing 23 trees. It's a beautiful run through giant granite boulders and clear mountain streams but is always a chore to keep it open.   JW   
You tube  the National Historic Pony Express trail at Kyburz, California

Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 421
Re: the Pony Express Trail at Kyburz, California 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:43:20 AM »
fantastic .... love to see that , I don't ride anymore,  but is something I would have done
when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Jack Wagon

• Top Active Citizen
  • the High Sierra
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 10:41:39 AM »
Major, we could sure use you. Most of the younger people don't share an interest in local history and a lot of older riders can no longer pass the basic riding requirements. The commitment to keep your assigned trails open and pre ride your trails  can involve substantial time and expense. Since we had two trails to ride, it was a 23hr day and Dave's horse was a flatlander's horse that had trouble with the high altitude and narrow mountain trails. We shall endeavor to persevere to keep this important part of California history alive.   JW
Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:44:03 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com