Author Topic: Haven't seen this issue before  (Read 2474 times)

Offline Forty Rod

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Haven't seen this issue before
« on: June 15, 2015, 11:41:35 AM »
In the course of clearing my yard I uncovered two heavy steel wagon tires.  I's like to find at least one more but so far no joy.

These are rusted but still solid and I want to use them for flower bed borders.  That's where these were when I dug them up.

Questions:

1. How can I remove enough of the rust to paint them black before reburying them.  I really don't want to use a manual brush and I don't have access to a power brush.

2. Can I use Rustoleum wrought iron paint, maybe several coats to  protect them?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Offline Mean Bob Mean

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Haven't seen this issue before
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »
In the course of clearing my yard I uncovered two heavy steel wagon tires.  I's like to find at least one more but so far no joy.

These are rusted but still solid and I want to use them for flower bed borders.  That's where these were when I dug them up.

Questions:

1. How can I remove enough of the rust to paint them black before reburying them.  I really don't want to use a manual brush and I don't have access to a power brush.

2. Can I use Rustoleum wrought iron paint, maybe several coats to  protect them?

I am betting they are pretty rusty?  I would try a brush on a small portion of the wheel and see what occurs.  you might have really great results.  Regardless, rustoleum is a fine product, but I would knock some rust off first.  Naval Jelly?
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
when planets align...do the deal !

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:41:15 PM »

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 02:37:48 PM »
Loctite 75430 Extend Rust Treatment, Fast Drying.  We used this to treat frames of cargo trailers returning from Desert Shield/storm that had salt water corrosion.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com