Author Topic: Finally a chance to shoot today!  (Read 3585 times)

Offline pinto beans

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Finally a chance to shoot today!
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »
It has been a long dry spell from last time I got a chance to shoot the 76. Due to some scheduling we went to the farm today to visit my folks and bring some goodies for my Dad as an early Father’s Day as we will be out of pocket on actual day.  This was a chance I took to just enjoy the rifle, no testing just some informal shooting.  My son-in-law and I setup an empty soft drink at 25 steps and put a rock that was slightly smaller than a fist on top of it.  The pic of the can at 25 steps is below.  Now I have always been blessed with good eyesight so seeing the can and the sights were ok, but I do believe 25 steps get further away the older you get!! :o  A couple of warm up shots convinced me I was shooting over the rock, so I pulled it down slightly and sent the can flying.  Went to set it back up and found I had been hitting the can all along, the big bullets passing right through and plowing an impressive trench behind.  Quick setup and back to 25 yard line, this time resulted in a shattered rock now that I had recalled where to hold.  A few rocks later between my son-in-law and me had shredded the can and made a nice pile of smaller rocks.  We ran 20 rounds of the .45-75 WCF loads built around the Meister 350 grain bullet in Rocky Mountain cases through the big Uberti.  These are fine rifles and I surely enjoy mine!  My Dad had declined to go shooting this time, having put in the day yesterday planting hickory cane corn we grind in a stone mill.  Some of the pics show me reloading the rifle and shooting it. You can tell that I have been enjoying too much of the meal from last year in the form of some of the best corn bread to be had!  Just a quick share here as it has been long on my list to get out and practice a little.  With 176 days from today left until retirement I am going to try to practice several times over the summer so as to be in decent form for deer season this fall.  Hope all enjoy this little write up.
 Pinto Beans

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 636
Re: Finally a chance to shoot today!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 10:17:07 PM »
Very nice, sir!  Thanks for the report, and the pictures are a big plus!  ;D

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline dusty texian

• Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dusty Texian
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 107
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 03:50:35 PM »
Hey Mr. Pinto Beans, Thanks for the report ,and Glad you were able to get some shooting in. ,,,,DT

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:07:15 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com