Author Topic: Best advice you ever got...  (Read 49770 times)

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Best advice you ever got...
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »
One of the most memorable came from an uncle who spent 30 some years in the US Border Patrol (back when they could and were encouraged to enforce US border laws). When I was first going into law enforcement full time he advised me "Always take a leak when you can and the opportunity is there do it, you never know what can happen in 5-10 minutes and you won't be able to!" Good advice, I remember the first time I didn't take the time and got stuck out in a daylight traffic accident with it seemed 500 people standing around watching all the happenings and I HAD NO PLACE to take a leak. Thought I was going to burst!!!! Around 5 minutes before the call I had opportunity to answer mothers natures call and put it off and paid the price.  :( ;D
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline rdstrain49

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »
Admit nothing.  Deny everything.  Demand proof.

Offline Good Troy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 98102
  • NCOWS #: 3791
  • GAF #: 835
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 07:39:01 AM »
Don't second guess and certainly don't mouth off about how an officer handled a situation when you weren't even there and aren't in a position to gather the facts your own self.  If you decide to violate this rule just go ahead and insert your foot in your mouth and be done with it. 

I guess nobody ever told the media, and public this advice!
Good Troy
AKA Dechali, and Has No Horses
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638

Advertising

« Reply #43 on: Today at 10:20:29 PM »

Offline Bat 2919

• G Man / Bat Masterson
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Sand Creek Raiders
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 01:05:50 AM »
"Treat everyone you contact the way you wish to be treated by an Officer when contacted."  "Don't let your guard down, you can always escalate on a moments notice but it's hard to deescalate when you start off as a hard ass."

The new version of this same thought that the current crop of tactical kids respond to would be: "Have two things for everyone you meet, a kind word and a plan to kill them."
Happy Trails

G Man / Bat Masterson
NRA Endowment
SASS #2919L
AZSA #11L
NCOWS #530
BOLD# 276
GAF #750

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com