Author Topic: Remember those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.  (Read 3120 times)

Offline Marshal Guinness Stout - Life SASS #3334

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Please take a moment or two out of your Memorial Day weekend festivities and fellowship to remember & honor those of our armed forces who gave their lives as the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.  Me & my fellow veterans gave some, but these gave all.  Please join me in honoring them, lest we forget, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE!!

God bless each of you and yours.

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
Re: Remember those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:51:13 AM »
Remembered and Honored! Thank you to all who have served, those who have sacrificed their time by serving, those who have lasting injuries, and to those who have given their lives, all to protect America and freedom! Thank you-Crow Choker
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 11:04:20 AM »
An honor it is to remember all who have served to help make this country great!! Saying thank you just doesn't seem enough.  God Bless To All
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:59:53 PM »

Offline Blair

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 02:59:34 PM »
I would like to Thank you both for very much expressing my very same feeling and thoughts.
My best,
 Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 03:38:15 PM »
Yesterday, at a baccalaureat service for graduating cadets, at the United States Air Force Academy, my veterans post honored a number of those who fell in Afghanistan, including 1LT Rosyln L. Shulte, the first women Academy graduate KIA, to whom I was honored to present a ceremonial religious wine cup when she graduated. Sadly, she was killed by an IED a year later, while acting as an intel officer.  :'(

Lest we forget... Lest we forget!
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline dwight55

• Top Active Citizen
    • Dwight's Leather Shop
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 06:48:39 PM »
There just are not words enough...................

But, . . . Thank You............

May God bless,
Dwight
If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran

Offline Bruce W Sims

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »
Maybe this is also a time to remember our Fallen in another way as well.

When Saigon fell, not a few Americans considered the 60,000 or so dead Americans
as a kind of waste of life. There was also not a little anger at the South Vietnamese
who never seemed to be as invested in the fight as the countries who came to their aid.

Quite recently, the ISIS folks took over a couple places in Anbar Province in Iraq where the American
effort was particularly challenged and the losses were high. Once again I heard some
mutterings about how our American lives were "wasted" trying to provide Iraqis with a
sound alternative to centuries of Tribal politics.

I'm writing to say that whether you call it "Liberty" or "Freedom" or "Democracy" or whatever, to
give one's Life so that someone that person may not even know at least has a CHANCE to
know something different is huge and ought not be trivialized by short-term reversals. Just sayin....

Best Wishes,

Bruce
Best Wishes,

Bruce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com