Author Topic: Winchester (Chaparral) '76 in 45-60 (28" barrel) anybody interested  (Read 3070 times)

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I posted this rifle for sale last year and had no takers on the classified.  Thought I would ask the Forum.  If there is anyone interested in buying this rifle I will part with it. I have two but I am looking for another caliber.  This rifle has been fired about 200 + /- rounds. The wood stock has been refinished and has a Tung Oil finish.  I did the action work and it is extremely slick (sorry no short stroke).  If anyone is interested PM me or if you know of someone who is looking for this type of rifle.  It is a good shooter. The rifle has also been Fire Lapped. I can be reached faster thru my email (tjbynum@hotmail.com) as I do not check the Forum every day. I have the original box and papers (manual) that came with the rifle.  Tom Horn
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

Offline King Medallion

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 14753
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 165
DON'T CHECK IN EVERYDAY?!?!?! How is this possible??  ;) beautiful rifle, Tom, good luck with the sale.
King Medallion

Offline Mike

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Nice gun some one should grab it.  I live in N Z and i have only seen two come up sale. I have a carbine but would  like a rifle as well.
good luck
Buffalochip

Advertising

Offline Thomas (Tom) Horn aka James Hicks

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS#86684 Wartrace Regulators
  • Liked:
King M-

Laughing... Thanks for the compliment. Nope, some times I will go for weeks before I check Forum... I just forget... senior moments!!  I know the rifle is Chappy, but she is a good shooter.  The action is slick as a new born baby's bottom... and this rifle has no problems taking ANY of the 45-60 brass whether it be Jamison or cutdown 45-70 brass.  I forgot to tell folks that the Tang Sight that is installed is a Taylor & Co., DOS 2 (Only has elevation adjustment).  If anyone wants to know how I did the Action job they can go to Marauder's Old Irons Page, click on Rifle Tune-ups, then click on "Slicking up the Winchester 1876".  Thanks KM... Horn
"If I killed that kid, it was the best shot I ever made, and the dirtiest trick I ever did."

Offline Jake C

• Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: Winchester (Chaparral) '76 in 45-60 (28" barrel) anybody interested
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 03:20:00 PM »
Any news on this rifle? How much are you asking for it, if I may ask?
Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com