Author Topic: A "STANDARD" Stage Proposal...  (Read 3140 times)

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A "STANDARD" Stage Proposal...
« on: May 10, 2015, 03:24:27 PM »
I was talking to a bunch of shooters at a match yesterday. I've been thinking about a proposal I'd like to suggest.

At every match, the last stage of the day would be a "standard" stage. Could be called a "reference" stage.

Set up exactly the same way at every match in the country. Exact same distances, exact same size targets, Exact same layout and relatively easy scenario. No knock downs that might be set harder or softer. Simple rifle, pistol and shotgun targets.

In this way folks could see how much they are progressing as the year and their SASS life goes on. And folks could compare their times with friends and others around the country.

Everyone I've mentioned this to thought it had merit.

What say the ranch?
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline jimbobborg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
Re: A "STANDARD" Stage Proposal...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 10:30:23 AM »
Sounds like what the folks in USPSA and IDPA would call a "Classifier" stage. 

Offline Two Spurs

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 08:59:21 PM »
The idea's not bad but IMHO I doubt very seriously that you would convince very many clubs at all to do that.  Just not that important to most.

To see how I'm progressing I simply observe how I am finishing in the overall each month. From time to time I will look back 6 months to a year or so and see what my typical times were. When it comes to comparing myself to others I look at how the big annuals pan out for me.

Best,
TS :)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:55:17 PM »

Offline Fingers McGee

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Smoke & Fire
  • SASS #: R28654
  • NCOWS #: 3638
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 10:34:14 PM »
We did something close to that for YEARS.  a 6-10-4 'speed stage' so you could see how fast & accurate you could get.  Kept scores on a running tab so you could go up against fellow shooters.  In the beginning, everyone participated.  After a while, people got bored with it, participation went down till no one wanted to do it any more. As a result, we quit doing it.
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com