Author Topic: After my 10th surgery...  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Beauregard Hooligan

• CAS-L Moderator
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Cas City Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
After my 10th surgery...
« on: May 10, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »
beauhooligan@hotmail.comHowdy all,

It's been some time since, like a gopher, I stuck my head up here. So, don't shoot. I won't ruin your pasture.  ;)

I've been having more back problems and was getting ready for another neurosurgical foray, a fusion and graft with titanium rods, of L5 and L2,, when my surgeon noticed a small sore just above my tailbone. He picked at it, as no one can go into surgery with an open wound. I was fortunate that he did, as under the small wound, as there was an area of necrotic tissue 11cm by 4cm and 3cm deep.  :-[ I subsequently had surgery to clean out the mess. I was in the critical care hospital for five days, then was moved to the convalescent hospital I am in now. I am seriously under the weather, the dead tissue being removed left me barely able to sit, stand and walk. Plus, the wound, which is the size of a woman's palm, has to have the dressing changed three times a day, which J cannot do at home. I have a wound Dr. who sSee's me on Mondays, who continues to debride the wound. The good news is that, at age 60, I still age like I did when at age 16. As a result, I will be out of here in 6 weeks, instead of the 8 weeks it would normally take at the
weeks. I have already been here since April 4th.
P
The food is good here, so are the drugs. I also have a new girlfriend: a lovely young RN. She's half my age, very pretty with perfect teeth and dark mahogany skin. We're going out for dinner when I escape; steak, lobster and Mexican beer. ;D

I  decided to give myself a treat for all of this medical abuse, l bought myself a pair Uberti 1847 .44 Walker Colt replicas from Cabellas. Uberti makes the best of rhea Italian repos, in my opinion. I'd like to hear from anyone who has used these for CAS.

The pistols will be here on Tuesday if UPS carries through. Half the staff wants to see them; if not go to the range  Most of these folks are critically under informed of the shooting sports, so if I can educate them to what gun owners actually do: we're not gang criminals, or providing guns to those people. Anytime we can win folks to our side, is time well spent. ;)
My Cas City Profile: http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/beauhooligan/
SASS Life * NMLRA * NRA Life * Deputy of CAS-L * River City Regulators * Mother Lode Shootist Society * Murietta Posse, WASA #56.
Stockton, Ca.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 415
Re: After my 10th surgery...
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »
Dude !  glad you're on the mend ...
Congrats on the Walker's as well... I agree .

Not everyone comes out of rehab with TWO Walkers & a Nurse  ( I'm Impressed ) and think about it,  She's seen your neked butt .  ;D

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Navy Six

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 26385
  • NCOWS #: 1410
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 07:49:48 AM »
Sorry to hear of your situation. Also at age 60 I just went through a similar stay in the hospital. It was rough, but getting better all the time. Hang in there, you are still young enough to recover well. Think positive and keep praying! :)
 Also got a smile from your recovery "plan" with the Walkers. I am also doing the same with a pair of Uberti 2nd Model Dragoons--still not quite sorted out yet,  but I plan to use them occassionally at CAS matches. In a recent issue of GUNS magazine, John Taffin wrote about using a few favorite firearms as a means of rehabilitation and recouperation from significant medical issues. So there are more than a few people thinking along your lines.
 I wish you well(and prayers). Get better ASAP and get them Walkers talkin!!! ;)
Only Blackpowder Is Interesting 
"I'm the richest man in the world. I have a good wife, a good dog and a good sixgun." Charles A "Skeeter" Skelton

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:27:07 PM »

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »
Good that you are on the mend!

I have a Uberti Walker and a Dragoon. I have conversion cylinders for both of them. Loaded with full cases of  FFF they are a BLAST to shoot at CAS. So much smoke the spotters can't see if you hit or miss! You won't be very fast, but you'll get great style points!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com