Author Topic: New poster  (Read 2567 times)

Offline theredheadedstranger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New poster
« on: April 28, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
Hey guys

new poster but a longtime reader.
I like the new guns a lot but really have a love for the old stuff (thanks to the last mountain man Smoke Jensen).
I do not have much old stuff (pre 1900) but I just purchased a NM Evans carbine this weekend (waiting for it to get here) and I have a 1858 Remington with a factory conversion in 44-40 that is at the smith right now.

Been doing a lot of research on the Evans and must say I do love this place. It has a lot of useful info if one is willing to just type in the search bar.

Anyways nice to meet all you guys

Offline Dan Gerous

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: New poster
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »
Welcome, stranger. You'll like it here there's lots of good folks. Some may think we're crazy to do what we do but I prefer to think of myself as "unique".
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

Offline dwight55

• Top Active Citizen
    • Dwight's Leather Shop
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 06:44:02 AM »
Always good to have another on board, . . . I ain't been here long myself, . . . but find it very refreshing from some of the other places my keyboard has taken me.

Lots of good stuff to learn or learn about here.

May God bless,
Dwight,......................from Ohio
If you can breathe:  thank God

If you can read:  thank a teacher

If you can read this in English:  thank a Veteran

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:24:14 AM »

Offline Trailrider

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Gunfighter Zone
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »
Welcome to the campfire, Pard! The Evans rifles are interesting critters, alright! Just get your levering arm is shape. When you load these, you have to work the lever once for each advancement of the cartridge in the magazine. It should take about 28 or 29 pumps to get that first round into the chamber. In the Old Model 34! The new model with the .44 Evans Long round is easier to handload, as the round uses an outside lubed bullet. The .44 Evans Short originally used a heel bullet. I understand Buffalo Arms is making these. Have to look into it myself, as I have an Old Model.
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

Offline theredheadedstranger

• Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 06:00:19 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am interested in reloading some ammo for the New Model Evans. With that said I will probably never shoot it.

And I do hate to  have a gun that I do not shoot.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com